Picture Yourself at 1750 Jackson
Picture This: Orediggers living in proximity to everything!
Residence Life’s first building dedicated to second-year undergraduate housing. View our feature snapshots and take a closer look at your newest home on-campus!
Snapshot of 1750 Jackson
- 360 Residents
- Fully furnished units with bathroom(s) and kitchen*:
- Studio Unit*: 1 person with 1 bed/1 bathroom (*no oven included in the kitchen of studio units)
- Two-Bedroom Unit: 4 people with 2 double bedrooms/2 bathrooms
- Three-Bedroom Unit: 4 people with 1 double bedroom/2 single bedrooms/2 bathrooms
- Neighborhood living option
- Applicants can request to live with and near 11 other friends!
- No meal plan required
- Voluntary/commuter meal plans available
- Close proximity to Safeway
- A 10-month academic year housing contract
- August 1 – May 31
- No contract renewals
- Sophomore undergraduate residents only
- The building will remain open during winter break
- Limited parking in a covered garage
- Lottery based through Parking Services
- Fitness area
- Outdoor courtyards
- On-site laundry
- Common areas on each floor include social lounges, study areas & nooks
- Bike & locker storage
- Front desk lobby & lounge
- Centrally located near downtown Golden, campus & across the street from several businesses
Current Resident Contact Information
- For additional assistance, please visit the 1750 Jackson Front Desk between 8 am – 7 pm – Monday-Friday or call 303-869-5200
- Bryttani Watson, Residence Life Coordinator for 1750 Jackson: 303-869-5531
Furnished units with full kitchens*
Studio: 1 person with 1 bed and bathroom
*Studio Unit Kitchens do NOT have an oven
Two-bedroom Units: 4 people with 2 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
Three-bedroom Units: 4 people with 1 double bedroom, 2 single bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms
A Look at Jackson's Features
A Campus Apartment-Residence Hall Hybrid in Close Proximity to Downtown Golden, Local Businesses, Dining, and Classrooms
PICTURE THIS: You and up to 11 friends can request to live near each other in a “neighborhood” setting!
You will still confirm immediate roommate(s) within your unit, but you will also have the opportunity to request additional friends to live on your “block” in units that are located near you.
Close Proximity to Safeway, Campus Classrooms & Downtown Golden!
What is included in rent?
Mines pays for water, sewer, electric and gas, public area lighting, trash removal, snow removal, and wired or wireless connection to the Mines network.
Are cooking and cleaning supplies provided?
No. This is an apartment, students should be prepared to clean up and provide materials for their own space. Common areas outside the front door will be cleaned by custodial (hallways, stairwells, laundry, gym, etc.)
Beyond the appliances, all cooking utensils need to be provided by the students. Only the furniture is furnished. students should talk between roommates about who is bringing what to complete the apartment.
Can I get a parking permit?
There is limited parking in the attached parking garage. A lottery will be run at the beginning of each academic year for the residents. In addition to the garage parking, students will be able to buy a parking pass for campus parking. More information about parking can be found here or by contacting Parking Services at email@example.com.
What kind of floors do the units have?
How can I hang things on the walls?
Please only use tacks and blue painter’s tape. No command strips or sticky tac is allowed.
If you would like to add darkening shades/curtains, you can however, any damage will be the responsibility of the student.
I am unable to connect to the wireless internet. What should I do?
If you are having trouble using your computer to access the internet on the Mines wireless network, or if you think that a wired ethernet port in your apartment is not working, contact IT&S through the Mines Help Center.
Do the apartments come furnished?
Yes! The apartments come with the following furniture:
One of the following is provided for each occupant in the apartment
- Loftable and Bunkable Twin Extra Long Bed
- Dimensions: Height 60″ x Length 80″ x Width 36″
- Three Drawer Chest
- Dimensions: Height 30″ x Width 30″ x Depth 24″
- Desk Chair
The following is provided in the shared space:
- Coffee Table
- Media Table
- Bartop Height Table with chairs for 4
Each apartment can be configured to fit the needs of the student, if there is a roommate, please agree to any changes or additions before decisions are made.
All furniture must stay in the unit, If items are stored other than the bedroom, they will need to have an agreement with all roommates on the location of the stored furniture in the unit
What kitchen appliances are included?
The following is provided for each apartment:
- 30″ in 2 and 3 bedroom units
- 25″ in Studios
- 30″ stove/oven in 2 and 3 bedroom units
- *2 burner cooktop and no oven in Studio
- Over the range microwave
- 24″ in 2 and 3 bedroom units
- 18″ in Studios
- Counter and Cabinet Space vary however, there is under and over counter storage in addition to the adjacent storage closet.
Additional small countertop appliances are allowed.
Do the apartments have storage units?
Each 2 and 3 bed unit will have access to a locker in located in the parking garage
Are window air conditioners or satellite dishes allowed?
No. However, you may purchase a portable floor model air conditioner to be used in your unit. Under no circumstances are any objects allowed to hang or protrude outside of the apartment windows.
Is any type of smoking allowed?
No. The Apartments and building are strictly smoke-free. This includes hookahs and any other smoking devices. Smoking must be done 25 feet away from any Mines building.
Are pets allowed?
No. The only exception is harmless aquatic life kept in appropriate domains, not to exceed 10 gallons.
Recipient’s Full Name*
1750 Jackson Street
Golden, CO 80401
1750 17th Street
Golden, CO 80401
*Please do NOT include CSM on the mail as it will be redirected to the mail distribution center