Transfer Student Housing

Welcome to Colorado School of Mines community!

No matter where you’re from, you always have a HOME on campus.

First-Year + Sophomore Transfer Students

All incoming first-year and sophomore transfer students (<60 transferred credits) will apply to the Residence Hall application and follow the First-Year Housing timeline. Please see the First-Year Housing webpage for more information about next steps and how to apply.

Junior + Senior Transfer Students

All junior- and senior-level transfer students (>60 transferred credits) seeking on-campus housing may apply to Mines Park Apartments when the application open on March 1. Please see the Upper Division Housing webpage for more details about Mines Park!

Q: I'm a sophomore transfer student. Can I apply to living in 1750 Jackson Street?

A: 1750 Jackson Street is our sophomore-only residence hall on campus. We also house sophomores in various communities on campus. The application for 1750 Jackson Street takes place in early February, often before sophomore transfer students have committed to Mines. As such, the 1750 Jackson Street application cycle is reserved for current Mines students only. During the application process, Residence Life reserves a limited number of spaces to offer to sophomore transfer students.

Sophomore transfer students will apply to the Residence Hall application between April 1 and May 15 and follow the First-Year Housing application timeline. After the application closes, Residence Life will identify all transfer students who have completed and application and offer sophomore transfer students 1750 Jackson Street spaces, as available. If Residence Life runs out of sophomore spaces for transfer students, we will work to house transfer students together in the residence halls.

Please reach out to Residence Life ( if you have further questions.