Lead at Mines
Leadership at Mines is built on a foundation of intentionality and collaboration with great care taken to develop the whole student and their ability to be thoughtful, self-aware visionaries in the engineering and applied science fields. We challenge students to explore their leadership potential as they develop effective methods for communication and problem solving through their co-curricular involvements and through balance in their educational pursuits. Facilitated by a range of programs, specifically designed for Mines students, we encourage them to test and practice the tenets of leadership; inspiring those around them, striving for excellence in their personal lives, their professions and as contributing citizens in their communities.
Students who interact with the leadership development programs provided by Student Activities, Involvement will be able to:
- Develop leadership skills (such as conflict resolution, organization, and team management) that are transferable to campus and professional goals
- Identify leadership as learned and developed skills that are integral to the student experience and professional development
- Employ critical thinking skills through the development, participation, implementation, and/or assessment of programs
- Recognize the significance of engagement on campus in their overall success at Mines and elsewhere
- Identify self-awareness as vital to the student leadership experience
- Demonstrate understanding of critical thinking and reasoning as a leader and part of a larger team
We offer students the opportunity to acquire new leadership skills or refine existing ones through these campus opportunities:
Leadership Workshop Series
Open to all students interested in enhancing their leadership abilities.
Save the date for the 2018 Leadership Summit! January 27, 2018
A 3-credit, general elective course for active community leaders to explore their potential.