Student Health Center Forms
Mandatory Immunization Requirements for Colorado School of Mines Students
- Fall Semester Deadline – July 1
- Spring Semester Deadline – January 1
ALL incoming students MUST submit the following required immunization information through the Mines Health Portal by the above deadlines.
Be sure to claim your account at the following link prior to accessing the Mines Health Portal.
The following information is required.
- MMR-Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine: Two doses are required by the State of Colorado for all students born after 1957. Both doses must be given after the 1st birthday and at least 28 days apart. Full dates (month/day/year) are required. Please check with your physician, high school, previous university, county office, and/or military to obtain an official signed or stamped copy of your records. You may also provide a blood titer indicating proof of your immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella. Medical, religious and personal exemptions are allowed by law; however, in the event of an outbreak, exempted persons may be subject to quarantine and exclusion from school.
- TB Skin Test (PPD) Screening Questions: Please complete this required form on the Patient Health Portal.
- If living on campus: Proof of a Meningococcal ACWY vaccine (Menactra, MCV4, Menveo) given within the last 5 years must be documented on your immunization record. If the 5 year time period will expire while living on campus, you may choose to receive a booster from your physician or the Student Health Center. A waiver of this requirement is accepted by completion of the Meningococcal Disease form.
- Consent to Treat: Parent/Guardian, please complete this form so that we may treat your student in the event of illness or injury if they are under age 18.
In order to expedite your registration, please submit this information on the Mines Health Portal. For detailed directions on using the portal, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Student Athletes need to submit these forms?
Student athletes participating in NCAA athletics must provide these forms to the Health Center through the Health Portal in addition to meeting the requirements of the CSM Athletics Department. Athletics does not forward this information to the Health Center.
How should the forms be completed if the student is younger than 18 years of age?
Please have a parent or guardian sign at the bottom of the “consent to treat”. Until this is signed (or the student turns 18), the student will be unable to receive treatment from the Health Center.
What if I can’t provide proof of MMR immunization, even though I’ve had the vaccines?
Contact previous schools, your county offices, the military or previous health care providers to obtain immunization records. If proof of immunization cannot be obtained, there are two options: you may choose to obtain a blood titer to prove immunity to all three diseases (measles, mumps and rubella) or you may choose to receive both vaccines again.
What if I’ve never had an MMR vaccine, or if one was received before my first birthday?
You will need two valid MMR doses, all received after your first birthday. If you are an enrolled and eligible student, MMRs are available at the Health Center. Due to the recent Measles outbreak, it is highly recommended that you receive at least one MMR prior to your arrival at school.
What if I miss the deadline for form submission?
A hold may be placed on the student’s Trailhead account if forms are not submitted by the due date. With a hold, students will be unable to register, add or drop classes or pull a transcript.
What if I have a more specific situation than mentioned here?
Please feel free to call the Health Center at 303-273-3381 with any questions—we are more than happy to help!