Welcome to the BlasterCard Office!
Your BlasterCard is the official identification card for the Colorado School of Mines and your key to accessing life on campus. From your residence hall room to offices and labs, to dining and more. Your BlasterCard says that you are one of us. There have been important changes to BlasterCard procedures and services. Please see “BC NEWS” below.
- Faculty, staff and students of Colorado School of Mines are eligible to receive a BlasterCard (Mines ID)
- Anyone requesting a BlasterCard will need a current, valid form of state or federal issued photo ID to establish identity. This may include:
- Passport or passport card
- Driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- U.S. military ID or U.S. military dependent ID
- There is no charge for your first BlasterCard
- Any defective or damaged BlasterCard will be replaced at no charge IF you turn in the card (or pieces of it)
- The replacement of a lost BlasterCard will incur a fee of $15 that will be charged to your student account
- Only MINES students are eligible for RTD Passes
- You must be a registered student in good standing to be issued an RTD Pass
- If you currently DO have an RTD Pass that was issued to you by MINES, you do not need to have it replaced. It should continue to work for you as long as you are a registered student at MINES
- All RTD passes are active during the fall and spring semesters of each academic year. They do not function during the summer sessions
- If your RTD pass stops working (during the fall or spring semester) come visit us at the BlasterCard Office and we will replace it at no charge
- If you misplace your RTD pass you can receive a replacement at the BlasterCard Office for a fee (currently $15)
- If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 303-384-CARD
DO YOU NEED IT?
SHORT ANSWER: ABSOLUTELY!
It is the policy of Colorado School of Mines that each student, staff member and faculty member possess a valid identification card. This card must be presented upon request by any Mines official. The BlasterCard is a multi-function ID card. It employs both a proximity chip and magnetic stripe technology. The card can be used in conjunction with the Mines access control system, Mines dining locations, as well as many other functions.
- All meal plans (and accompanying “munch money”) that are available through MINES Dining are accessed with proximity chip embedded in BlasterCard. Each Mines Dining location on campus will use your BlasterCard to track meal swipes or confirm a “munch money” payment.
- Students who reside in one of the Residence Life residence halls use the BlasterCard as the “key” that grants admittance to those areas. The BlasterCard can also be used to gain after-hours entry to certain academic buildings if you have been assigned special access.
- Other areas that will require your BlasterCard include Arthur Lakes Library and The Student Recreation Center.
FACULTY AND STAFF
Faculty and Staff members will need the BlasterCard for building access and for identification as appropriate.
The Blastercard Office will be open for CONFIRMED BlasterCard and RTD pickups Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. We are currently NOT accepting “walk in” traffic for photos and/or BlasterCard printing. New and replacement Blastercards and RTD passes should be requested by sending an email to BlasterCard@mines.edu . Any questions or requests for appointments should be directed to Bob Mask at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All current RTD passes will reactivate on the first day of the semester.
All RTD passes (new and replacements) will be created and issued upon request.
All requests should be sent to BlasterCard@mines.edu
We ask that the MINES community bear with us as we continue to adjust and refine our processes to address these unique times. We will be working diligently to make adjustments to ensure the most efficient and user friendly options possible under the circumstances.
Ben H. Parker Student Center
10 a.m – 2 p.m.
Director of Campus Card Services