Inspire Young Minds. Teach!
DID YOU KNOW… Teachers in the United States rate their lives better than all other occupation groups, trailing only Physicians.
Teach@Mines is tailored specifically to the needs of Mines students and alumni, which means we have somewhat non-traditional pathways towards licensure.
We offer courses for students to both try out teaching and to prepare to teach (K-12 or college). A person can start on this path at any point in their Mines career as an undergraduate or graduate student or as a Mine’s alumni. The earlier you begin, the more flexibility you have.
To become a K-12 teacher, there are two general pathways depending on your level of experience:
- If you have K-12 classroom experience (college teaching is likely not adequate preparation)
- After earning a BS, obtain a job as a teacher
- Work with one of our partner programs to earn your license in year 1
- Receive a full teacher salary during this time ($42-$58K) less fees for licensing agency ($6 – $9K)
- If you have minimal or no K-12 classroom experience
- Pick a residency program with PEBC or DSST
- Pays between $3K – $34K (higher paying option does not come with a license so need to partner with another agency at the same time ~$6K if aiming to earn licensure)
Teach@Mines is a
NSF Noyce Capacity Building Program, NSF Noyce Phase I Project Site, PhysTEC Comprehensive Site, and 100Kin10 Partner