Through innovative, student-centered outreach, programs, and workshops, the Peer Educators will create an inclusive support system on campus promoting safe, healthy behaviors and relationships.
Goals of the Peer Education Program
- To develop student campus leaders who will gain and practice the skills needed to act as positive role models to the Mines community, to help their peers thrive at Mines, and to succeed as healthy and well-rounded adults.
- To enhance the outreach, education, skill-building, and personal growth relevant to furthering well-being and resilience for the Mines student body.
- To build the capacity of the Counseling Center, Student Wellness Promotion, and Title IX in order to impact more students on topics that are critical to student safety and well-being.
- To decrease the stigma associated with mental health, increase awareness for issues related to student well-being, and encourage help-seeking behaviors.
- To create an excellent program that is certified, effective, and unified in its vision and purpose.
This peer education program is part of the National Certified Peer Education program through the BACCHUS Initiatives of NASPA.
For more information or to schedule a workshop, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.