Title IX Regulations
The Department of Education issued the final Title IX regulations on May 6, 2020. The regulations will be effective on August 14, 2020. Colorado School of Mines has been aware and preparing for these regulations since the proposed regulations were provided in November 2018. The Title IX Office’s plan for implementation is as follows:
- May: Review and interpret the requirements of the final regulations in consultation with national experts.
- June: Revise policies and procedures to comply with the final regulations.
- July: Host a community forum to answer questions about the final regulations and how Mines is moving forward.
- The Community Forum was hosted on July 8. You can view a recording of the Forum here.
- August: Finalize, publish, and implement the revised policies and procedures.