Items To Complete Now
- Congrats on your acceptance! Take a minute to pat yourself on the back.
- If you have yet to do so and want to confirm your enrollment, please log into the Applicant Portal and complete the Enrollment Decision Form. The deadline for this is July 1, 2020.
- Visit your Applicant Portal and accepted student page frequently to view enrollment requirements, resources, and event opportunities.
- Set up your Mines student account via Trailhead as soon as possible by following the instructions found at finaid.mines.edu/welcome/.
- You can also set up your Mines email account in Trailhead. Many departments will only communicate with you via your Mines email account, so it’s important to set this up as soon as possible and check it out frequently.
- Sign up for the Financial Aid newsletter for you and/or your parent(s)/guardian(s) by going to tinyurl.com/ydasffux.
- Final application deadline for the Thorson First-Year Honors Program
- Visit thorson.mines.edu.
- Launch Registration Opens
- Incoming new students can begin registering for one of the summer Launch orientation programs. Visit https://www.mines.edu/new-student-transition-services/orientation/launch/ to register!
- Application for our on-campus housing opens on your Trailhead account.
- To access the Housing Portal go to Trailhead > Campus Life > Residence Hall Housing Portal.
- More info can be found at mines.edu/residence-life/housing-sign-up/ or by calling the Campus Living Office at 303.869.5433
- April 1st – May 15th:
- The Housing Portal allows you to see the profile of everyone else who has applied for housing. This is a great way to reach out to folks who could be potential roommates. Note the housing application closes on May 15th. If you find a roommate, you will both be able to choose a room together in June. Check your Mines email account for emails from email@example.com.
- Visit mines.edu/controllers-office/payment-options to learn how and where to enroll.
- The Enrollment Decision Form deadline has been extended to July 1st.
- Deadline to Apply for Student Disability Services (DSS), if Applicable. While requests may be submitted later, early submission facilitates the possibility for accommodations at the start of the semester and is particularly true for any requests related to housing accommodations, including an Emotional Support Animal (ESA). Housing cannot guarantee the ability to make accommodations after May 1st.
- In preparation for registering with DSS, please consider collecting and/or requesting updated disability documentation from your provider including diagnostic evaluation records, current school disability records (IEP/504, if applicable) as well as any medical documentation to support your request for reasonable accommodations.
- Additional information including necessary documentation requirements are available at the following website: mines.edu/disability-support-services/.
- To request any information in alternative format, please contact Disability Support Services at 303.273.3297 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watch the Bursar’s How-To Videos – https://www.mines.edu/bursar/faq/ then:
- Enroll in eRefund
- If desired, set your parent(s)/guardian(s) up with their Parent Pin.
- International Students Only
- Review your Immigration Checklist, sent to you by the International Office (ISSS) for additional next steps
- Veteran Education Benefits.
- If you plan on using your our or another’s Veteran Education Benefits, please email email@example.com for additional instructions and guidelines.
- Oredigger Camp Registration Opens
- Incoming new students can begin registering for one of the Oredigger Camp sessions. Visit https://www.mines.edu/new-student-transition-services/orientation/oredigger-camp/ to register.
- Visit the Busar’s website https://www.mines.edu/bursar/ and fill out the student Agreement Form. The deadline for this form is the first day of classes.
- For each outside scholarship you have been awarded, complete the Financial Aid online form in the orange Scholarships section of Trailhead. ROTC/GI Bill benefits do not need to be reported.
- Scholarships can be reported anytime; please report scholarships as they are awarded, even if a check is made out directly to the student.
- Submit outstanding financial aid documents through the blue Requirements section in Trailhead
- We recommend submitting all required documents by July 31st for timely processing of your financial aid.
- Housing Acceptance must be sent to the Residence Life Coordinator for your TLC by Noon.
- Students who have not completed a housing application through their Trailhead account by 11:59pm will not receive a housing assignment.
- Reminder, it is a Mines requirement that all first year students live on-campus. For more information please visit: mines.edu/residence-life/housing-sign-up/
- Deadline to Submit the Tuition Classification Form.
- This form is required for ALL incoming students and is found on your Applicant Portal.
- Begin the Loan Decision Process.
- If you are borrowing federal student loans (direct subsidized/unsubsidized), federal parent PLUS loans, or private education loans, begin taking steps to secure your funding. More information can be found at finaid.mines.edu/loans. We recommend that loans are in place by July 31st for timely processing of your financial aid.
- If you have completed coursework through a two-year or four-year college/university, please request that final, official college transcript(s) are sent to the Colorado School of Mines’ Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Address: 1812 Illinois St. Golden, CO 80401.
- The Registrar’s Office will evaluate your transcript over the summer and credit will be applied to your Mines transcript. A request for coursework (syllabus, tests, homework, lab write-ups) may be sent to you via Mines email account, if needed for evaluation. DO NOT send coursework unless we have requested it from you and please note that transfer credit approval is not guaranteed.
- MMR: Measles, Mumps and Rubella (two vaccines: both received on or after your first birthday AND at least 28 days apart).
- TB Screening Questions (Forms tab.) Also Tuberculosis testing results, if indicated.
- Meningococcal ACWY Vaccine within the last four years or waiver form (if you are living on campus).
- Consent to Treat Minor (if under age 18 as of first day of class).
- Upload supporting documents – required to verify your immunizations/test results.
- Complete details about health requirements and how to enter your information into the Health Portal can be found at mines.edu/student-health/student-health-center/forms/. Please check your Mines email account as we may send you secure messages. If you are under age 18 as of the date of form completion, a parent/guardian must complete all forms.
- Final, Official High School Transcript Submission Deadline.
- All incoming students must submit a final, official high school transcript(s) or GED, which must include graduation date and completion of graduation requirements. If you have yet to provide your official transcript, please do so as soon as possible.
- Housing assignments
- They will be sent to your Mines email account by July 1st and posted in the Housing Portal on Trailhead.
- Students with International Coursework in High School Only: Submission Deadline for Official Credential Evaluation
- You must submit and official final high school transcript in its origional language as well as an English version. All International transcripts must be accompanied by a certified English translation and course-by-course credential evaluation. Please order an evaluation after you have graduated from high school so the transcript will be final. The preferred evaluation agencies are Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Other National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) members will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Remember to designate Mines as a copy recipient of your evaluation.
- Deadline: Students must have their official highest composite test score sent from the testing agency to Mines.
- Marching/Concert Band; Symphony Orchestra; Choir; Jazz Bands: Notify the Registrar’s Office as early as possible if you wish to be registered in band or choir. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, Campus Wide ID (CWID, which is found on your acceptance letter and in your Applicant Portal) and the course number.
- ROTC: For students enrolling in ROTC, please contact Fran Aguilar at email@example.com to complete the appropriate documentation. The Registrar’s Office will add the respective course to your schedule. After your first semester, you will register yourself for all courses via Trailhead.
- Varsity Sports: For students who are officially accepted into varsity sports, the Registrar’s Office will add the varsity sport to your schedule for the first semester only. After the first semester, you will register yourself for all courses via Trailhead.
- Today is the final day (by 11:59 PM, Mountain Standard Time) to submit your Fall 2020 Enrollment Decision Form via your applicant portal.
The Student Health Insurance (SHIP) Waiver/Enrollment begins July 15 for coverage beginning 8/1.
The waiver/enrollment can be accessed through the student’s Trailhead account. More information can be here at https://www.mines.edu/student-health/student-insurance/.
Mandatory online modules open around mid-July: Sexual Assault Prevention + AlcohoEDU. Both of these modules must be complete by Registration for spring classes in November.
Deadline for AP or IB Exams Scores.
Request that your AP or IB scores are submitted directly from the testing agency to the Mines’ Registrar’s Office. Upon receiving and reviewing your AP and/or IB scores, applicable credits will be added to your Mines transcript and you will be registered into the appropriate courses for the Fall semester. If you did not list Colorado School of Mines as a recipient to receive your AP/IB scores, then you must submit your scores. If you prefer not to transfer college or AP/IB exam credit that we evaluate, you must notify the Registrar’s Office.
For additional information about AP, IB, or A-Levels visit: https://www.mines.edu/registrar/advanced-credits/.
Complete Financial Aid Requirements and Loan Applications.
Check Trailhead to ensure all Financial Aid Requirements are complete. If using loans, check Trailhead to see that all loans are listed and accepted. Required documents and loan applications are accepted after this date, but processing can take longer due to high volume.
- August 1st
- August 3rd-5th
- August 4th
- August 5th-7th
- August 10th
- August 17th
- August 20th
- August 21st
- August 24th
- August 26th
- August 28th
- August 30th
- Your First eBill Will be Generated and Available to View Online.
- Final Class Schedules Available on Trailhead.
- You will be able to view and change your Fall semester schedule. It is highly recommended you stay in the classes the Registrar’s Office scheduled as they will go towards your degree requirements. If you do have questions about the classes you are in, please speak with your CASA (Center for Academic Services & Advising) advisor: casa.mines.edu.
- Selective Service. Male students meeting the criteria and not verified by other means, must complete the Selective Service Survey on Trailhead > Self-Service > Personal Information > Answer a Survey > Selective Service.
- College Opportunity Fund (COF) Authorization (CO Residents only). Provide authorization to Mines to collect your College Opportunity Fund on your behalf and apply it to your bill. Log in to Trailhead > Self-Service > Student > Student Records >COF Stipend Authorization > Submit > Select Lifetime Authorization > Submit.
- Mines Park Apartment Move-In for Transfer Students.
- Through DiggerNet, students can apply for on-campus jobs, request appointments from career advisors, upload their professional resumes and cover letters, apply to internships/full time jobs, record practice interviews and receive feedback, register for recruiting events, manage interviewing schedules, and more.
- Students typically work 5-15 hours per week (as determined by you and your employer) but no more than 20 hours a week during the semester.
- Outside scholarships will pay once the check is received.
- If your fall financial aid has not paid by the first day of class and all requirements are met on Trailhead, please contact Financial Aid.
- Visit the Bursar’s website https://www.mines.edu/controllers-office/sponsor-information/sponsored-students/ and fill out the Student Agreement Form.
- This event is for work study and non-work study employment opportunities.
- Census Day – Last day to add or drop courses without financial or academic penalty.
- The Registrar’s Office is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to assist you with your scheduling changes or you can add or drop courses on Trailhead until 11:59 pm, MST. Students who remain enrolled after Census Day (the last day to register for the term), will have their $200 enrollment deposit applied to their first semester’s tuition and fees. If the account balance has been paid in full, students may submit a Refund Request Form via Trailhead to their eRefund account. Enrollment deposits will post to student accounts within two weeks of Census Day.
- Student Health Insurance Enrollment or Waiver Deadline
- Final day to enroll in or waive the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Students who do not take action by this date will be automatically enrolled.
- There is a five business day grace period after the due date for Mines to receive payments before late fees are assessed. Late fees are 1.5% per month on any past-due balance.
- Mines generates electronic invoices only; no paper statements are mailed. If desired, set up parent/guardian access to your billing accounts page by logging into Trailhead, select Self-Service > Student > Student Records > My Account Page > select “Add New” next to Parent PINS.
- For Parent PLUS Loans, submit a Refund Request Form to expedite the disbursement.
- attend the largest career fair with your resume prepared to explore career and internship opportunities.
- Work Study Deadline.
- Students who have not turned in a work study contract and have not asked the Financial Aid Office to hold their funding for spring will have their work study award cancelled.
- If students decide later they would like work study, they may ask the Office of Financial Aid to be placed on the waitlist.
- 2021-2022 FAFSA Application Opens.
- This annual application must be completed by April 1, 2021 for priority processing.
- If you have not yet completed the mandatory online modules (Sexual Assault Prevention + AlcohoEDU), a hold will be placed on your account exactly one month before Registration for Spring classes.