Understanding and demonstrating appropriate work behavior, dependability, and accountability in all personal and professional situations.
- Act equitably with integrity and accountability to self, others, and the organization.
- Maintain a positive personal brand in allignment with organization and personal career values.
- Be present and prepared.
- Demonstrate dependability (e.g., report consistently for work or meetings).
- Prioritize and complete tasks to accomplish organizational goals.
- Consistently meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Have an attention to detail, resulting in few—if any—errors in one’s work.
- Show a high level of dedication toward doing a good job.
Source: NACE Career Readiness Competencies
- How often do I turn in assignments on time?
- How do I take accountability when I make a mistake?
- How important are my identities to the work that I do?
- Have I ever felt like I had to hide part of my identity to be respected?
- Has there ever been an instance where my moral values have been compromised during work?
- How do I expect to be reated by peers and colleagues? How do I treat others?
- How do I know I’m being heard? How do I show others I hear them?
- Have a friend look at your social media accounts and check your privacy settings. How professional do you come across on your public accounts?
- Read important emails out loud before sending them.
- Clearly define and write down your boundaries. What are your values? How much time will you set aside for yourself each day?
- Define what a work-life balance looks like for you. How can you maintain self-care habits while staying devoted and passionate in your work?