The recent events occurring over the last weeks and months have inspired many of us to seek opportunities to contribute to our communities. Amidst the disruption and chaos, we believe there are many ways to take action. Members from Mines Vanguard Scholars and Mines Community Alliances are sponsoring a blood drive and encouraging the Mines community and friends to donate blood, wherever they are located in the world. Students are challenging employees to see which group has the highest participation!
If you are not able to donate blood, you can still participate. Please join us in any of the following:
- donate blood through the Vitalant (formerly Bonfils) nationwide network, or any donation center near you,
- donate money,
- join a bone marrow registry, or
- spread the word and motivate your family and friends to donate.
How to participate:
- Make your appointment TODAY to donate blood anytime before July 8, 2020, by calling 303.363.2300 or clicking this link, make a financial donation, join the marrow registry, or spread the word.
- Register HERE to record your participation and enter the drawing to win fabulous prizes!
- Optional: We would love to receive photos of our participants. Upload a selfie on Instagram while donating with the hashtag #MinesVanguardBloodDrive, or email photo to email@example.com.
Must be 16 or older. 16 and 17-year-olds must have signed permission from parents or guardians.
A Vitalant blood donation center in the United States, or a local blood donation center near you. Walk-ins are accepted, however, an appointment is highly recommended. (Link “Vitalant” to their locations page on their website.)
Date & Time:
June 13 through July 8, 2020
DEN0059. Share this code at your appointment.
BONUS: If you donate blood, you will also receive a COVID19 antibody test!
This project is sponsored by the Vanguard Scholars and the Mines Community Alliances.