Ready to apply to Mines?
Below are links to the appropriate Admissions Applications. Please read through the provided information before applying:
- a student who has graduated or will graduate from high school or its equivalent (GED, HiSET, TASC) and has not completed any college course work after high school graduation.
- a student who has graduated from high school or its equivalent (GED, HiSET, TASC) and has completed college course work after high school graduation. This also includes second degree seekers who have completed a prior bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred Completion: Calculus 1,2,3; Chemistry 1,2 (with labs); Physics 1 (with labs), GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- a student in a non-immigrant status who is not a U.S. citizen or does not have approved and finalized U.S. permanent residence, refugee status or political asylum. International students usually need an F1 or J1 visa to study in the United States.
- Please note: If you are required to see the Re-Admissions Committee prior to returning to Mines, please wait to complete the returning student application pending the outcome of that meeting. The undergraduate Admissions Office will not process the application in this situation until a decision has been rendered and communicated from the Re-Admissions Committee.
- The Graduate School at Mines is open to graduates from four-year baccalaureate programs at recognized colleges and universities. Admission to all graduate programs is competitive, based on an evaluation of academic performance (undergraduate or graduate), test scores and references.
The Clery Act and Campus Security Report
The Colorado School of Mines Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report contains valuable information for all campus community members. The report is designed to inform you of campus crime and fire statistics and provide security policy statements as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the Clery Act), a federal law requiring institutions of higher education to annually disclose this information. The university will provide prospective students a printed copy upon request.
For a printable PDF version, please click here: Campus Security and Fire Safety Report.