Apply To Mines

Ready to be an Oredigger?
Whether you’re an incoming freshman or a transfer student, we can’t wait to meet you.


On behalf of all of us here at Colorado School of Mines, we want to express our heartfelt compassion for those who’ve been impacted by  the wildfires in California. Please know that we’re sending our best wishes to families throughout California during this difficult time. If you have been personally affected by this devastating fire and would like additional time to complete your application, please contact our office by emailing or calling us at 303.384.2027.

Freshman Application

You are an incoming freshman if you are applying directly from high school (regardless of concurrent enrollment, meaning college credits completed while in high school), have graduated from high school (and never attended college), have a GED, or have been home-schooled but have not enrolled at a college or university.

Transfer Application

You are an incoming transfer student if you have graduated from high school and enrolled in college or university coursework after completing high school.

Please note: We are receiving a high volume of high school/college transcripts and other application material submissions. We require approximately 5-7 business days to process your transcripts and update your portal so that your application file can be reviewed.