New Equipment Review and Approval Process
Initiate and Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Division review prior to purchasing, obtaining, or accepting new or donated equipment.
Why is this necessary?
- To ensure the continued safety of the campus community
- To verify that equipment meets environmental compliance
- To verify that appropriate facility, utility, and fire protection systems are in place to effectively operate the equipment
How to determine if an Operations Review is Required:
Review this decision logic matrix to determine if your equipment must undergo an I&O review.
- Make sure you have identified a location for your equipment
- Start the process early; even if you don’t know the exact piece of equipment, you can start the process early and I&O can advise
How to initiate a review:
- Log in to FAMIS (Click “Submit a Work Order” in the top menu bar)
- Click “Create Request”
- For “Type” select “Approvals”
- For “Sub Type” select “Equipment Acquisition”
- When you hit “Submit,” a form will pop up; fill in as much information as you can
- After you submit the request, you can go back in and add attachments and check on the status of the review