Veterans Services

Welcome to our military service members from all branches, active duty as well as retired. Mines enrolls over 200 students who utilize the various veterans’ and tuition assistance programs. This website is intended to help you find the resources you need to succeed at Mines. Thank you for your service to our nation.

Active Service Members are encouraged to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or a counselor within their Military Service before enrolling at the Colorado School of Mines about the potential for using Military Tuition Assistance. For additional educational financial assistance, a financial aid counselor is available to provide scholarship and loan counseling in our Financial Aid Office. To apply, visit the Financial Aid page.


Benefit Request Form (BRF)

Students must submit a BRF every term that you wish to use VA Benefits no later than Census Day to avoid charge of late fees. To access the form, you will be required to sign in using your Mines account. If you need to request benefits for a prior term, please email, and we will reach out to you with additional instructions.

The fall BRF will be available at the end of May.

Documents such as Certificate of Eligibility (CoE), DD214, Tuition Classification Certification for Active Duty Military, etc., can be uploaded by clicking the button below.

For Veterans & Dependents

Information for veterans and dependents utilizing the GI Bill®, Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E), or Dependents Educational Assistance as new students or transfers.

For Guard & Reserve

Information on current National Guard and Reserve members utilizing GI Bill® benefits.

Military Credit (JST)

Mines offers a comprehensive review of all previous military coursework and/or experience in an effort to support the exemplary service of our nation’s military and veteran student population. Click below for more information.

Additional Resources

Contacts for federal and state agencies, VA forms, and local resources for veterans applying to and attending Mines.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Contact Us

Veterans Services
Registrar's Office
Student Center E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

P: 303-273-3200
F: 303-384-2253