To thunderous applause, Mines introduced the newest member of the Oredigger family at Rock the Lock. Mines students, staff, alumni, fans and friends warmly welcomed the new mascot, Blaster, to campus.
Passion + Action = Bright Future
Mines is an innovative, modern campus, working toward tackling new problems, fostering an entrepreneurial mindset and maintaining an enhanced sense of responsibility to promote positive change in the world.
“Education and research in engineering and science to solve the world’s challenges related to the earth, energy and the environment.”
Want to learn more about attending Colorado School of Mines?
Explore Our Degrees
We have nearly 70 degree programs that will prepare you to make a difference in the world.
The best way to experience all that Mines–and Golden–have to offer is to visit our beautiful campus in person. Sign up for a campus tour today and get a behind-the-scenes look from one of our student ambassadors.
Looking for quick links to pertinent information? We’ve got you covered!
- Distinguished Lecture Series Poster REV February 16, 2018
Distinguished Lecture Series Poster REV
- GE Department: Student Research Fair With Geophysics February 22, 2018
GE Department: Student Research Fair With Geophysics – Sponsored by ConocoPhillips Thursday, February 22, 4-6pm in Ballrooms A, B & C, Ben Parker Student Center
- Special Physics colloquium: “Optical Multidimensional Coherent Spectroscopy of Solids” February 22, 2018
Christopher Smallwood University of Michigan Abstract: Optically active materials are ubiquitous in the modern world. Laser diodes, televisions, and automobile headlights alike rely on the efficient …
- HASS presents “Refugees Amongst Us: Roundtable on Refugees of the Denver Area” February 22, 2018
Did you know there are 20,000 to 30,000 refugees living in the Denver Area? Come learn about what life is like for the refugees in our area. Where: CO 209 When: Feb. 22nd, 4:30-5:30 pm Guest Speakers: …
- Chemistry Seminar Series: Aqueous Separations and Radiochemistry at Idaho National Laboratory: Developing Improved Complexants for Enhanced Trivalent 4f / 5f-element Separations February 23, 2018
Dr. Colt Heathman, Idaho National Laboratory Host: Assistant Professor Jenifer Shafer 209 Coolbaugh Hall
- Mines, Lockheed Martin team up for Engineers Week event
In honor of National Engineers Week, Colorado School of Mines and Lockheed Martin teamed up Feb. 16 for a fun day of activities and industry mentorship to encourage female and minority students un …
- Brune discusses mine safety regulations with Casper Star-Tribune
Jurgen Brune, professor of practice and director of Edgar Experimental Mine research at Colorado School of Mines, was recently interviewed by the Casper Star-Tribune about mine safety regulations. A W …
- Mines welcomes new Blaster mascot at Rock the Lock
To thunderous applause, Colorado School of Mines introduced the newest member of the Oredigger family at Rock the Lock on February 16. Mines students, staff, alumni, fans and friends warmly welcomed t …