Passion + Action = Bright Future
Mines is an innovative, modern campus, working toward tackling new problems, fostering an entrepreneurial mindset and maintaining an enhanced sense of responsibility to promote positive change in the world.
“Education and research in engineering and science to solve the world’s challenges related to the earth, energy and the environment.”
Want to learn more about attending Colorado School of Mines?
Explore Our Degrees
We have nearly 70 degree programs that will prepare you to make a difference in the world.
The best way to experience all that Mines–and Golden–have to offer is to visit our beautiful campus in person. Sign up for a campus tour today and get a behind-the-scenes look from one of our student ambassadors.
Looking for quick links to pertinent information? We’ve got you covered!
- Shell Seminar Series – Controlling Controlled Release to Make Medicine That Imitates Life September 21, 2018
Dr. Steven Little of the University of Pittsburgh will present his talk on “Controlling Controlled Release to Make Medicine That Imitates Life”
- PE Distinguished Seminar Series: Transport Mechanisms for Oil Shale and Implications for the Solvent Huff’n-Puff Process September 21, 2018
Dr. Russell Johns Penn State University, Visiting Scholar at Colorado School of Mines Enhanced oil recovery (EOR) by solvent injection offers significant potential to increase recovery from shale oil …
- Research Seminar: Lee Alston September 21, 2018
Today, the notion that “institutions matter” is broadly accepted. Scholars have generated a rich literature on the causes and effects of institutions spanning from the micro to the macro level. The pi …
- PAYNE INSTITUTE FALL SEMINAR SERIES, PAUL HOOPER, SANTE FE INSTITUTE, LEARNING AND TEACHING COMPLEXITY IN SCIENCE September 24, 2018
- I Dig Money: Picking a Stock or Mutual Fund September 24, 2018
Join us for day 1 of the I Dig Money series to learn about the difference between picking a stock or mutual fund. Tony is President of Front Range Wealth Management. He provides tailored financial cou …
- Edgar Mine to serve as lab for underground robotics research
The Edgar Experimental Mine in Idaho Springs has long been a unique underground laboratory for future engineers, providing valuable experience to those being trained to find, develop and process natur …
- Hydrate membranes offer new approach to purify natural gas
A pair of Colorado School of Mines professors has been awarded $300,000 by the National Science Foundation to design a new kind of membrane that uses gas hydrates to purify natural gas. Moises Carreo …
- 3 Mines graduate students to conduct research at DOE labs
Three Colorado School of Mines students have received funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to conduct part of their graduate thesis research at DOE national laboratories. Natalie Seitzman, Natha …