Daniels Scholarship Program
Please scroll down to the bottom see scholarship eligibility requirements.
Established in 2000, the Daniels Scholarship Program provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn a bachelor’s degree that helps them build a successful career and rewarding life. Daniels Scholars® demonstrate exceptional character, leadership and a commitment to serving their communities. Bill Daniels was a cable television pioneer known for his compassion for those in need and his unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Bill loved America dearly. He fought in two wars to defend our country and the freedoms we enjoy today. Bill Daniels was also passionate about the free enterprise system, which he believed provided the best opportunity to help people improve their lives. Daniels Scholars are selected because they embody the criteria Bill Daniels defined for the program:
- Strength of character
- Leadership potential
- Commitment to serving their communities
- Academic performance or promise
- Well-rounded personality
- Emotional maturity and stability
Bill Daniels would also want his scholars to uphold the values that meant so much to him. Those values include ethics and integrity, honesty, respect for people, loyalty and reliability, entrepreneurial spirit, patriotism and dedication to community, commitment to excellence, and etiquette. For more information, visit the Daniels Scholarship Fund page.
“I think God told me as a young man to share my good fortune with others. I have tried to do it. And my foundation will see to it when I die. Believe me, it is a real joy to me to be able to help people.”
PASCAL Center Contacts: Meg Allyn (Primary) / Luis Sandoval (Secondary)
The Daniels Fund Scholarship awards merit scholarships to students with great potential, strong character, and big dreams. Students who receive this prestigious award benefit from the following:
- A full scholarship that pays towards the costs of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and other miscellaneous expenses. Each student’s award is determined by their Estimated Family Contribution (EFC), their choice of school and intended degree program. The scholarship pays $5,000–$25,000 per year towards the student’s unmet need, after applying their EFC, earnings assessment, other scholarships, grants, and financial aid.
To be considered for the Daniels Fund Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Earn a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in high school (on an unweighted 4.0 scale)
- Earn a minimum SAT Math score of 490 and a minimum Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490, or a minimum ACT score of 18 in each category (writing score not required). Super scoring is not accepted.
- Meet financial eligibility requirements
- Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must have an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or $85,000 or less on their most recent tax return on which the applicant is claimed as a dependent.
- For each additional dependent, beyond the applicant, Daniels Fund allows for additional income as follows:
- $5,000 for each additional dependent not in college
- $15,000 for each additional dependent in college full-time during an academic year
- Applications can be accessed through the Daniels Fund’s Scholarship Application page. The application opens September 15th and are due October 15th.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Application opens: September 15
- Application Deadline: October 15
- Semifinalists selected in late October
- Finalist Interviews: Notified in January and interviewed in February/March. Daniels Scholars announced in Late March.