International Students Undergraduate Application Procedures

1. Please read all requirements needed and then complete the Undergraduate Admission On-line Application below.
  • If a paper application is completed, it must be mailed to the mailing address below. 
2. Submit the nonrefundable International Document Processing Fee. The fall and spring International Document Processing Fee is $45 (U.S. dollars.) Do not send cash or international postal money orders. International Document Processing Fees cannot be waived or transferred to a future application.
    Pay by CREDIT CARD
  • Please refer to the application status page access email that you received, which contains personalized access to your application status page. Please contact if you would like us to resend your application status page access email or if you have any questions.
    Pay by WIRE TRANSFER - contact Admissions for instructions
3. Request that an official transcript be sent directly from your school(s) to Undergraduate Admissions. Upon graduation or completion of the semester, request that a final transcript be sent directly to Mines to determine final admission status.
4. Submit evidence of English language proficiency.
Have your TOEFL or IELTS, ACT and SAT if taken, score sent directly to Mines.
TOEFL: The official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report can be sent directly to Mines from the Educational Testing Service. Mines' TOEFL institutional code is 4073. For information about this test and registration procedures, contact ETS at PO Box 6151 Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, USA or visit
IELTS: For information about this test and registration procedures, contact the IELTS Office, University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate, 1 Hills Road, Cambridge/CB1 2EU, UK or visit
5. International Fact Sheet – PDF versionText only versionThe International Fact Sheet is used for completing the I-20 paperwork. Without this document it may cause delays in receiving your I-20. 
6. PDF versionText only versionSubmit your Statement of SupportPDF versionText only version- All international applicants on the F-1 (student) or J-1 (exchange) visa must provide evidence of sufficient funds available for their studies. The Financial Guarantee, dated within the past six months, must be co-signed by an authorized bank or representative of a recognized sponsoring agency in the U.S.A. An Affidavit of Support cannot be used in lieu of a bank statement. Mines has a Statement of Support Form (.pdf file). Mines requires a bank statement on a bank letterhead that has been cosigned by a banking official.
Mailing Address
Undergraduate Admissions
Colorado School of Mines
1812 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401
For more information, call: 303-273-3589.
Request for Information

After You Have Been Admitted to Mines

Visa and Immigration Procedures
Admission to Mines cannot be determined until your file is complete and all of your credentials are evaluated.
  • Your SEVIS I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status), essential for securing an F-1 student visa, will be forwarded to you if you are admitted to Mines. Keep your SEVIS I-20 in a secure place; Mines will not issue a second SEVIS I-20.
  • Take your SEVIS I-20 and letter of admission to the nearest U.S. Embassy to apply for a student visa.
  • Arrive at Mines no later than one week before classes begin according to the information on the SEVIS I-20. Mines cannot authorize you to arrive later or change the information on your SEVIS I-20.  Report immediately to the International Student and Scholars Office with your immigration documents for SEVIS registration.
  • When arriving in the United States, show your SEVIS I-20 and your letter of admission to the U.S. customs/immigration officials at the airport.
  • If you are an international student currently in the United States, you must inform your school's international student advisor of your plan to transfer your SEVIS information to Mines. This must be done in order to receive a new Mines I-20. Meet with an advisor at your current school and complete a SEVIS Transfer Form to determine an appropriate date to transfer to Mines. The school's code is DEN214F00183000. When you are admitted to Mines, your SEVIS I-20 will be issued after the release date indicated by your school. When you arrive at Mines, pick up your new SEVIS I-20 from the International Student and Scholars Office. See SEVIS Transfer Request form. (PDF)
  • Students holding F-2 visas cannot attend Mines on a full-time basis.
  • Colorado State law requires new freshmen, transfer, graduate and international students to submit proof of two doses each of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (or MMR) vaccinations.  This is a mandatory requirement for all college students born on or after January 1, 1957.  Both doses must be given on or after the student's first birthday.  Official proof of these immunizations must be provided from your previous school, physician, military, or government.
  • Additional forms are required.  In order to expedite your registration, please submit this information on the CSM Health Portal before July 1.  Click here. PDF versionText only version
  • You must enroll full-time each semester.
Contact the International Student & Scholars Office



© 2017 Colorado School of Mines | Equal Opportunity | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Text-Only Version

Last Updated: 06/13/2017 15:09:52