Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can I leave my vehicle on campus while I go out of town?

If your vehicle is left unattended for more than a few days, it may likely be considered abandoned and is subject to being towed. Stop in at Parking Services and let them know your needs.

2. Can I do maintenance work on my vehicle while on campus?

No. All vehicles left on campus are required to be in proper running condition. If your vehicle breaks down, you should have it moved as quickly as possible.

3. Where is the closest place to Mines to get a Colorado Driver License?

16950 W. Colfax Ave., Ste 104, Golden, CO 80401  Hours: M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.  Phone: (720) 497-1182

4. Where can I park my recreational vehicle?

Recreational vehicles may not be parked on campus at any time. You must make other off-campus arrangements.

5. Can I skateboard on campus?

See the policy on use of non-motorized vehicles on campus.

6. May I bring my dog to campus?

City ordinances and campus policy do not allow for pets or other animals to be tied up and left unattended in a public area. Pets must be on a leash and may not be brought inside any campus buildings.

See the Animals on Campus policy for more information.

7. Can I bring a firearm to campus?

Firearms are not allowed on campus except for on-duty law enforcement officers and individuals with a current State of Colorado concealed weapon permit. Out-of-state concealed weapon permits accepted by Colorado law are also permitted. All other firearms must be stored at the Public Safety Office.

See the Mines Firearms policy for more information.

8. Will Public Safety open a room or building for me?

Buildings are unlocked and locked on a scheduled basis. Emergency access is granted on a case-by-case basis. Please call Public Safety at 303-273-3333. Read more about after hours and weekend access information.

See the Building Access policy for more information.

For all other Mines Police questions, email Dustin Olson.

Contact Us

1400 Maple Street Suite 118
Golden, CO 80401
FAX: 303-384-2214

Administrative office hours:
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

After hours, an on-duty Mines Police Officer can be reached by calling 303-273-3333, option 5, or by calling the City of Golden Police Dispatch at 303-384-8045 or 9-1-1

Chief/Director: Dustin Olson

Commander: Dave Cillessen

Sergeant: Patrick Bahl

Office Manager: Amanda Hupka