Access Services

Access to Buildings/Offices/Rooms/Labs

  • You will use the FAMIS work order system for hard key/blaster card request. FAMIS has an icon located in your Trailhead.  Click here to see a tutorial on filling out the key request.
  • Business hours access
    • Policies (Currently being updated)
    • Examples:
      • Academic buildings, labs & classrooms contact your department
      • Events related issues (Events website)
      • Residential lockouts see your RA
    • After-hours access/Emergency
      • Policies (Currently being updated)
      • Examples:
        • Academic buildings, labs & classrooms contact Public Safety – 303-273-3333
        • Events related issues (Events website)
        • Residential lockouts contact your RA
      • Duplicate keys are not allowed for any reason or at any time
        • Access to Residential Halls will be handled by Residence Life
        • Mines Park Apartments
        • Residence Halls & Greek Houses owned by Mines
        • 1750 Jackson St. Residences
      • If you do not have a blaster card, then you will be able to get one at the Blaster Card office
      • Contractors wanting access will need to contact your CSM contact or Project Manager.
        • Return hard keys/blaster cards to the Lock Shop in McNeil Hall/Parking Garage in the key return drop-box or staff


ADA access issues (Refer to Disability Support Services office)

  • Special requests
  • Specific issues


Building Proctor Information

  • All hard key/blaster card requests will be done in FAMIS.
  • Becoming a building proctor
    • Only two proctors (per campus policy) per department.
    • A building proctor will manage blaster cards access and hard keys for their buildings and controlled areas.
    • Approves release of key(s) for their controlled spaces via FAMIS.
    • Request a Proctor Authorization Form from Access Services.
    • Once approved by department head, submit ITS request for installation of AAM.
    • Proctor train on BARF from Access Services.
    • AAM Training from Access Services.
  • List of building proctors (updated quarterly).


Key Returns

  • There is a 24hr accessible key return drop-box at the Lock Shop in McNeil Hall/Parking Garage. No envelope is needed as each key has a unique identifier indicating whom it was checked out to.
  • Upon graduation or permanently leaving CSM, keys must be returned or transcript requests will be withheld until keys are returned or fines paid.
  • Transferring keys is strictly prohibited under any circumstance.


Lock Change Request

  • For Residential Housing (Only RLCs can request)
  • For Academic (Only Building Proctors can request)


Padlock Removal

  • Requires Department Head permission or Mines Public Safety present.


Service Requests Using FAMIS

  • Blaster Card access or keys to specific spaces/labs
  • Door lock issues
  • Blaster Card readers
  • For door hinges, latching, closing, opening, etc. issues
  • Door weather seals, door closer, etc.




Building Access Policy

Building Access Request Form (old paper version)

Lost or Stolen Key Report Form

Key Shop Hours

  • Monday: 8 a.m. to noon
  • Tuesday: 8 a.m. to noon
  • Wednesday: 8 a.m. to noon and   1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Thursday: 8 a.m. to noon and   1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Friday: 8 a.m. to noon

Appointments can be scheduled during off hours.

McNeil Hall (East Side of Parking Garage, 1st Floor)
1400 Maple Street, Room 124

Contact Info: