GOALS OF THE PEER EDUCATION PROGRAM
1. To develop student campus leaders who will gain and practice the skills needed to act as positive role models to the Mines community, to help their peers thrive at Mines, and to succeed as healthy and well-rounded adults.
2. To enhance the outreach, education, skill-building, and personal growth relevant to furthering well-being and resilience for the Mines student body.
3. To build the capacity of the Counseling Center, Student Wellness Promotion, and Title IX in order to impact more students on topics that are critical to student safety and well-being.
4. To decrease the stigma associated with mental health, increase awareness for issues related to student well-being, and encourage help-seeking behaviors.
5. To create an excellent program that is certified, effective, and unified in its vision and purpose.
Click the button bellow to see some of our programs.
Focus Areas & SUPE Groups
Focus Areas: Peer Listening and Stigma Reduction
Past Programs: Mines National Day without Stigma, World Kindness Day, Resilience Workshop
Focus Areas: Consent and Bystander Intervention
Past Programs: Purple Thursday, Stalking Awareness Tabling, Denim Day, Sexual Harassment Interactive Workshop
Health and Wellness
Focus Areas: Alcohol, Sleep, Food Insecurity, Exercise
Past Programs: Nat. Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, Healthy Ramen Tabling, Exercise Scavenger Hunt, Jump Rope Event
Diversity, Inclusion & Access
Focus Areas: Allyship, bystander skills, Inclusion, Minimizing Microaggressions, and Understanding Unconscious Bias