Frequently Asked Questions

There are no spaces available for the date and time that I need. What should I do?

Think creatively about using a different space. Check Events under the Browse section of the event planner for availability (check the how-to guide for instructions).  For example, if you need theater-style seating, could a classroom or event venue with fixed theater seating be used instead of requiring a room to be set up?

Academic classrooms are managed by the Registrar’s Office and you can view availability (must use an on-campus internet connection) here.

Will I be charged a rental fee for my event?

If fewer than 50% of your event attendees will be Mines faculty, staff or students, then a room rental charge will apply.

Why are there technical support and equipment fees at the Green Center but not at other facilities?

The Green Center is a self-funded operation and therefore has to cover its fixed costs such as labor and equipment.

An external entity is paying the bill for the event, is a contract needed?

Yes, the non-Mines entity will need to sign a Facilities Use Agreement. Please contact the scheduling office directly rather than submit an event request form at

Where is the Campus Events department located on campus?

You can find us in the Blaster Card office suite (E140) on the 1st floor of the Ben Parker Student Center. See our address and map below!

Ben Parker Student Center
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401



Student Center