Event Planning Guide
Whether it be outside or inside, the Colorado School of Mines has a variety of event spaces ready for your next occasion. The Ben Parker Student Center, Stratton Commons, the Green Center, and Lockridge Arena are just a few examples of what Mines has to offer.
Explore reservations.mines.edu for all scheduling and reservation processes on the Colorado School of Mines campus.
First Time EMS User
Will this be your first time using our Event Management System (EMS)? If so, no worries!
Start off by checking out our EMS Help Guide. This will assist you with any questions you may have regarding our event request form and scheduling processes. After reading over our guide, submit a request to add yourself as a contact for your department or group.
Reserving a Space (non-classroom)
On-campus users are welcome to use our Event Management Software (EMS) to kick-off their reservation needs. Start now by heading to events.mines.edu! Once there, you’ll be able to submit an event request for your next event.
HELPFUL HINT: Remember to log-in with your multipass information.
Reserving a Classroom
Are you looking for a more traditional classroom setting to host your event? You can request a classroom by heading over to Astra Schedule. The Registrar’s Office will review your event and send confirmation or information within 2 business days.
Be sure to have your event request submitted at least 48 business hours ahead of your event. You can read more information about Astra Schedule and the Registrar’s scheduling policies by heading to their website.
The Campus Events department is excited to provide professional-level event set up for your next occasion.
Our ‘A-Team’ is willing to assist in the following ways:
- Large venue conversions
- Room sets
- Stage sets
- Chair sets
- Day-of-event production assistance
- Grounds preparation
- Event equipment drop off and pick-up
Setup Policies and Procedures
- Our event setup team does not assist with room reservations or space rental. After a reservation has been placed and confirmed, our team will assist with event set-up requirements. Please use EMS to submit any requests for event spaces.
- All event requests must be submitted at least four (4) business days prior to your event to ensure all details are managed before the day of the event.
- When requests are made with less than four working days notice, the event set up team will do its best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee success because of the uncertainty of available labor.
- If items are lost or stolen, the requesting department or club will be charged for replacement costs.
- In order to maintain workflow and control costs, during the production of any event, the event setup team will take direction from Scott Acker and the Campus Events department.
- When using event spaces on campus, Facilities Management and Campus Events ask that you please clean up any trash, personal food or equipment, and any other belongings.
- Any alteration to the facility or grounds by, or on behalf of an outside entity, must be approved in advance of the event.
It may be required for you to submit an additional work order for your event. If you are planning an outside event, work orders must be placed for the following:
- Trash cans
- Fencing (required if alcohol will be served)
- Outdoor portable stage
- Electrical work (if power must be run to certain outdoor spaces)
- Turning off sprinklers
- Marking grounds for staking tents
Work orders must provide all relevant event details including technical information: (rigging, electric distribution, or other), and any other consideration needed for Facilities Management. You may place your work order through our online work order management system. The DEFAULT PASSWORD to submit is workorder.
For maintenance emergencies, please call Facilities Management at 303-273-3330, M-F 7 am-5 pm, or Public Safety at 303-273-3333 at any time.
All groups that require a rental contract are required to have event insurance in the amount of 3 million dollars per accident for bodily injury and 3 million dollars per accident for property damage covering each day of their event.
Insurance options for Tenants/Lessees, through URMIA-TULIP at https://tulip.ajgrms.com/. Please select “Get a Quote”; and State of Colorado and Colorado School of Mines.
Are you ready to bring your event to the next level? It’s time to start thinking about what technology and equipment you’re going to need! The Campus Events department has an ample amount of options available for you to choose from.
- Mounted displays in conference rooms
- Stationary and Portable projectors
- Laptop computers
- Conference phones
- A/V Cables (HDMI, VGA)
- Microphones (wireless and wired)
- Portable sound system
- ….and much more!
ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE NEEDED?
An on-site Audiovisual Engineer and event support team will be prepared to help you with any day-of-event questions or technology-related concerns. Before your next occasion, contact us by emailing email@example.com or by phone at 303-869-5400.
To see everything Sodexo has to the offer and place your order, visit their website. Also If you have any other inquiries or questions regarding a new or existing order, please contact our Catering Coordinator by phone: 303-273-3349 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE REMEMBER to place your order at least two weeks in advance of your event.