Event Planning Guide
FOR External rental only
After thorough consideration and consultation regarding the potential impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on our community, we have decided that Campus Events will not be accepting any new external business before May 8th. We still encourage you to fill out a Request for Proposal as we are happy to provide information for events May 8th and beyond. Mines will continue to re-evaluate and update our guidance as needed. In the meantime, please review our COVID-19 website for ongoing updates to frequently asked questions and other important information.
We look forward to working with you and seeing you on campus soon!
Requesting event space
Whether it be outside or inside, the Colorado School of Mines has a variety of event spaces ready for your next occasion. Ballrooms and meeting rooms available in the Ben Parker Student Center and the Green Center, in addition to classrooms, and gymnasium space are just a few examples of what Mines has to offer.
Explore reservations.mines.edu for all scheduling and reservation processes on the Colorado School of Mines campus.
Please fill out our Request for Proposal Form to get started!
Please contact us at email@example.com or contact us at 303-273-3923 with any questions.
The Campus Events department is excited to provide professional-level event set up for your next occasion.
Our ‘A-Team’ is willing to assist in the following ways:
- Large venue conversions
- Room sets
- Stage sets
- Chair sets
- Day-of-event production assistance
- Grounds preparation
- Event equipment drop off and pick-up
Setup Policies and Procedures
- Our event setup team does not assist with room reservations or space rental. After a reservation has been placed and confirmed, our team will assist with event set-up requirements. Please use EMS to submit any requests for event spaces.
- All event requests must be submitted at least four (4) business days prior to your event to ensure all details are managed before the day of the event.
- When requests are made with less than four working days notice, the event set up team will do its best to accommodate, but cannot guarantee success because of the uncertainty of available labor.
- If items are lost or stolen, the requesting department or club will be charged for replacement costs.
- In order to maintain workflow and control costs, during the production of any event, the event setup team will take direction from the Campus Events department.
- When using event spaces on campus, Facilities Management and Campus Events ask that you please clean up any trash, personal food or equipment, and any other belongings.
- Any alteration to the facility or grounds by, or on behalf of an outside entity, must be approved in advance of the event.
All groups that require a rental contract are required to have event insurance in the amount of 1 million dollars per accident for bodily injury and 3 million dollars per accident for property damage covering each day of their event.
Insurance options for Tenants/Lessees, through URMIA-TULIP at https://tulip.ajgrms.com/. Please select “Get a Quote”; and State of Colorado and Colorado School of Mines.
Are you ready to bring your event to the next level? It’s time to start thinking about what technology and equipment you’re going to need! The Campus Events department has an ample amount of options available for you to choose from.
- Mounted displays in conference rooms
- Stationary and Portable projectors
- Laptop computers
- Conference phones
- A/V Cables (HDMI, VGA)
- Microphones (wireless and wired)
- Portable sound system
- ….and much more!
ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE NEEDED?
An on-site Audiovisual Engineer and event support team will be prepared to help you with any day-of-event questions or technology-related concerns. Before your next occasion, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 303-869-5400.
To see everything Sodexo has to the offer and place your order, visit their website. Also If you have any other inquiries or questions regarding a new or existing order, please contact our Catering Coordinator by phone: 303-273-3349 or email at email@example.com.
PLEASE REMEMBER to place your order at least two weeks in advance of your event.
Colorado School of Mines is a pay-to-park campus and parking restrictions are enforced year-round, Monday-Friday, 7am-5 pm. Please see the Parking Services website for complete information on where to park on campus.