Non-degree application process
Broaden your knowledge to advance in your career or diversify your educational background with coursework outside of your field. Qualified individuals are invited to complete coursework as a non-degree seeking graduate student.
Courses may later be applied to a graduate program or certificate if approved by the degree granting program.
Eligibility and Tuition
- Students interested in completing graduate level coursework as a non-degree student must have completed a bachelor’s degree by the start date of the course.
- Prerequisite coursework may be required. Review requirements in the Mines Catalog.
- Non-degree courses are charged tuition at the graduate tuition rate, regardless of course level, if you have previously earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Non-degree courses are not eligible for financial aid at Colorado School of Mines.
Apply to be a non-degree seeking graduate student
Non-degree applicants must wait for the course schedule to be published before submitting the application.
- Review the course schedule and select your intended courses (Course Schedule).
- Course title, 5-digit CRN, course number and instruction format are needed when applying.
- Submit an application for each term you intend to complete coursework.
- Indicate the courses of interest when prompted.
- Provide transcripts from all Colleges/Universities attended.
- International non-degree applicants – Valid 1-20 and a copy of your I-94 are required.
Registering for Courses
- The Registrar’s Office will verify prerequisites (if applicable).
- The Registrar’s Office will enroll you in your requested courses (space permitting).
- You will receive an e-mail from the Registrar’s Office confirming enrollment.
If you need assistance registering for classes after your application has been processed, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm