Prevention and Education
Mines is dedicated to educating our community, including students, staff and faculty members, about the prevalence and impact of sexual and interpersonal violence, how we can better support and believe survivors and how we can all be better community members.
We are committed to providing both community-wide or audience-specific programming, initiatives that increase audience knowledge and share information and resources to prevent violence, promote safety, and reduce perpetration.
These ongoing strategies are sustained over time and focus on increasing understanding of topics relevant to addressing dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. Through multiple strategies, we engage multiple audiences across the community.
- Campus Safety Awareness Month – September
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month – October
- Stalking Awareness Month – January
- Dating Violence Awareness Month – February
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month – April
- Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX
- Mines Betsy’s Friends Peer Educator Program
- Student Life
- Multiple departments on campus
Workshops and Education
We are committed to providing educational opportunities that are interactive, relevant, and build skills for your time on campus and beyond.
Workshops and Education on topics such as Active Bystander skills, Consent, Healthy Relationships, Dating Violence and Sexual Violence Prevention, Survivor Response and Support Skills, and Inclusive Programming, and Stalking Prevention
Pre-matriculation and ongoing doses of prevention for Mines students to engage students in a baseline information about about healthy relationships, resources and supports, and policies.
- DOSE 1
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates
- Title IX Essentials for International Students
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduate Students
- Dose 2
- Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing: Healthy Relationships
- Dose 3
- Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing: Bystander Intervention
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Athletes, and Athletic Staff
Betsy's Friends Peer Educator Program | Healthy Relationships Group
MINES Betsy’s Friends Peer Educator Program is in partnership with Student Wellness Promotion and Diversity, Inclusion and Access for peer-led learning and support.
Institutional Equity & Title IX Education & Training Annual Report
Title IX and Clery Educational Programming and Awareness Campaigns Report 2020 This report contains a description of Mines’ educational programs and campaigns to promote awareness and prevention of sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, and stalking.