Tours & Receptions
DUE TO MUSEUM CLOSURE, ALL TOURS & RECEPTIONS ARE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If you have scheduled a tour or reception at the Museum during our closure, Museum staff will be reaching out to you to reschedule.
The Museum offers two types of paid guided tours for groups of 30 people or less. Groups larger than 30 people can be split into multiple tours with one group attending the indoor tour and the other group walking the Bob Weimer Geology Trail.
Tour times for paying groups are available during business hours Monday through Saturday beginning at 10:00AM with the last available tour time at 3:00PM. Each tour starts at the top of the hour. Tours must be booked and confirmed by Museum Staff at least one week in advance.
We do not currently have a lunch area for large groups at the Museum.
Museum Guided Tours
- 45 minutes long
- $30 per tour (limit 30 people)
- One tour guide
- Earth Science topics can be customized
- Perfect for school groups of all ages
To book a guided tour(s), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “TOUR” in the subject line and include the following:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Group/organization you represent
- Total number of guests
- Age range of guests (grade if school group)
- Total number of tours
- Type of tour requested
- Preferred dates and times
- Any special topic requests
A Museum Staff member will reach out to you by phone or email to confirm your reservation and accept payment. If paying by check, please make out to CSM Geology Museum.
Behind the scenes and after-hours tours for special groups and fundraisers may be scheduled at the discretion of the Museum Director. Additional fees may apply.
Please inquire at email@example.com
SPECIAL EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Catering services are provided by Flavours by Sodexo
- Mines Museum does not provide alcohol for special events. Alcohol must be purchased by the event host and can then be served by bartenders through Flavours by Sodexo. If you plan to serve alcohol, you must submit this form at least one week prior to your event.
- Currently, we cannot offer seated dinners at the Museum due to space constraints.
- We can accommodate receptions for up to 300 people.
- Special lighting, sound, and/or technology available upon request (fees may apply)
- The conference room across the hall from the Museum, GRL201, is managed by the Registrar. Reserve through the Astra system