Supportive Measures for Respondents
Supportive measures allow students to continue to attend Mines in a way that is safe and also allows them access to their education, and to employees to allow them to work at Mines in a way that is safe.
If you have questions regarding any of Mines’ respondent measures, please contact our office.
No Contact Directives
- This letter outlines a variety of expectations, including the prohibition of communication between involved parties, management of classroom/buildings, common area space, campus activities, and resources, and the prohibition and consequences of retaliation. No Contact Directives are provided mutually to both Complainants and Respondents.
- For students who live on-campus (residence halls, Mines’ owned Greek housing and the Mines Park Apartments), Residence Life can offer space that is removed from other parties involved.
- For students who live off-campus, the Office for Institutional Equity can provide resources and guidance for each individual situation.
- Mines Police are available to walk students to and from parking lots, classrooms and other spaces on campus.
&Academic Support Measures
Classroom Support Measures
- The Office for Institutional Equity can work with the Registrar’s Office to change class sections.
- The Office for Institutional Equity can work directly with individual professors to develop expectations allowing for a safer classroom environment.
Testing Support Measures
- The Office for Institutional Equity can work with Disability Support Services to coordinate testing in the Testing Center. This will provide an environment that is quieter. The Office for Institutional Equity cannot coordinate additional time on tests. Requests for this accommodation need to go through the Disability Support Services request process.
Other Academic Support Measures
- The Office for Institutional Equity works with CASA or academic departments to ensure students have access to tutoring.
- The Office for Institutional Equity works with individual professors to ensure students can be successful in their classes.
- The Office for Institutional Equity can assist with changing your advisor.
- The Office for Institutional Equity works with your academic department to determine an alternate program path.
Health and Wellness Support Measures
- Referral to confidential therapy/counseling (on and off-campus) can be coordinated.
This list is not exhaustive. If there are additional support services needed, please reach out to the Office for Institutional Equity (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your needs.