For Guard & Reserve
Attention: You may be eligible for Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits.
(Important Note: Basic training and/or specialty schools do not count for active duty)
- VA Certification Worksheet. (Note: This document must be completed each semester you plan to attend school.)
- New Student Survey.
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
Federal TA – At this time, Mines does not accept funds from the Federal Tuition Assistance Programs.
State TA – Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Copies of any written communication to the student from the VA must be provided to the Veterans Certifying Officials. This includes information concerning remaining eligibility, the percentage of tuition coverage, payment or overpayment of benefits.
- If you are interested in attending another school while enrolled at Mines, you must see the Veterans Certifying Officials in the Registrar’s Office to request a parent institution letter.
- According to Colorado law, institutions of higher education must verify that all enrolled students receiving benefits must verify lawful presence within the United States. If you are asked to do this, your military ID will suffice. You will only be asked to complete this verification once. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- You may be asked to show your Social Security card if your Social Security Number was not provided on your Admissions application.
- Remember each term to confirm your attendance via Trailhead.
- In all cases, if information is missing, you will receive a request for information from the Registrar’s Office. Thank you for your cooperation with these requests.
- Colorado School of Mines does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.