Center For Professional Development Education
Mines is committed to preparing students for a career in science or engineering by teaching both disciplinary skills as well as general career skills. The Center for Professional Development Education promotes and coordinates teaching general professional skills through courses, seminars, and a speaker series, and makes tools and resources available for professional development.
A FOCAL POINT FOR FACULTY AND STUDENTS
The Center helps Mines catalyze efforts in Professional Education by:
- providing an organization for faculty and staff with a passion in Professional Education to work together
- providing a recognizable means to seek external support
- allowing Mines to effectively advertise and support Professional Education to current and prospective students, recruiters, and funding agencies
- granting mentorship awards to faculty and staff
The Center coordinates educational activities that include:
- courses for broad professional development of students
- workshops and seminars for students and faculty, and a
- speaker series
- opportunities for training upon request
The Center brings together faculty dedicated to educating graduate students who are well prepared for the workforce. The Center acts as a nucleus for writing proposals to support initiatives for professional education, including new methods of delivery. Activities of the Center are not only directed toward helping students, but also toward providing assistance, support, and training to faculty.