Transferring to Mines
A partner program with Front Range Community College and Red Rocks Community College
The Mines Academy is a partnership program at Front Range Community College and Red Rocks Community College. By joining the Mines Academy, you can complete the equivalent of the first two years of a Mines degree at a reduced cost through the Associate in Engineering Science transfer degree.
Students in Mines Academy are conditionally admitted to Mines and receive one-on-one transfer advising with the Mines Transfer Enrollment Coordinator.
As future Orediggers, students in Mines Academy are invited to participate in academic and sporting events on the Mines campus, attend workshops to prepare for transfer and engage in major information sessions.
Explore the links below for information on how to join.
The Mines ACADEMY Experience
Taking classes at Red Rocks Community College not only prepared me for Colorado School of Mines but also helped me determine what degree path was best for me. The instructors at RRCC were tremendously helpful in providing a smooth transition to Mines. Through the Engineering Club and the IDEA Lab, I was able to gain engineering experience and develop problem-solving skills, as well as find an encouraging community with others also on the pathway to Mines.
Red Rocks Community College offered me an affordable, sensible approach to college. With being able to seamlessly transfer to Colorado School of Mines after completing my core undergraduate classes, I was well prepared academically to hit the ground running when I transferred after my second year. Forming lifelong friendships in smaller classes allowed me to be more confident moving forward, and feel more prepared when embarking on a larger campus.
Connect with Us
Explore our on-campus visit opportunities, as well as when we’ll be attending events in your local community!
Find us on Social Media!
Follow our Admissions accounts for important info, reminders, student profiles and more!
Follow the Colorado School of Mines accounts and learn what it means to be an Oredigger!
What's it Like?
Mines Academy is engineered to support your success, combining high-quality instruction with support services and valuable community connections. As a participant, you’ll:
- Find support through resources like TRIO Student Support Services (for first-generation students, those with limited income, and students with disabilities), accessibility services, academic supports, community college scholarships or STEM groups.
- Take high-quality math, science and engineering courses at community colleges with small faculty-student ratios.
- Engage with Mines’ student success offices early and often, including Center for Academic Services and Advising, Financial Aid and the Mines Career Center Gain.
- Have access to resources and events at Mines such as sporting events, career and professional speakers and presentations.
- Be part of an engineering community with academic peers who support each other both at the community college and Mines.