The E-Days 2018 Prompt has been written and is being shared via email for all eligible new students beginning the week of December 18th.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Colorado Resident
- High School Senior
- Graduating from a Colorado High School
- Planning to attend Colorado School of Mines in Fall 2018 (Student doesn’t have to have confirmed attendance at application)
The application will consist of a thoughtful, proficiently written essay in response to the given prompt. The essay must not be longer than 2000 words.
The prompt for this year’s essay has been directly emailed to the email address included with your application to Mines. If you have not received the prompt, please email Jenn Mazzotta directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must also include a one-page resume including, but not limited to:
- Academic accomplishments
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
- Work experience
Though all parts of the application will be considered, a strong emphasis will be placed on the essay as a representation of the applicant’s personality. Specific application instructions can be found below.
Applications are due by February 26th, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Any applications received after this time will NOT be accepted. The committee will select three winners based on the application components outlined below. Each award is a four-year (eight semesters), full resident-tuition scholarship. Winners will be contacted at the phone number provided.
Directions to Apply
- All components of the application should be emailed as attachments to the following email address: E-Days-Scholarship@mines.edu
- The email subject line must be formatted as follows:
- Ex. Manning_Peyton_EdaysScholarship
- In the body of the email, please include ONLY the following, in this order:
- Primary contact phone number
- Alternate contact phone number (optional)
- Primary email address
- Primary address
- This information will be used only to contact you in the event that you have been selected as a scholarship recipient (or as an alternate), so please make sure they are up-to-date and accurate.
- In the interest of a bias-free judging process, DO NOT INCLUDE your name in the resume or the essay. Your application will be disqualified if your name is found in any document attached to your application. Your name should appear in the subject line of the email only.
- The essay must be attached in two formats, once as a .pdf and once as a word (.doc or .docx) format and must not exceed 2000 words. The essay in both formats should be named as follows:
- The resume must be attached in .pdf form, must not exceed one page, and must be single sided. The resume .pdf document should be named as follows:
- No other documents should be attached to your application. Any other documents prepared and submitted will not be considered.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation to your email once your application has been received.
Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
Applications are due by February 26th, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Any applications received after this time will NOT be accepted. The committee will select three winners based on the application components outlined above. Each award is a four-year (eight semesters), full resident-tuition scholarship. Winners will be contacted at the phone number provided.
Any questions should be sent to the following email address: E-Days-Scholarship@mines.edu
Thank you for your time.
Ethan & Gilli – 2018 E-Days Scholarship Committee Chairs
The E-Days Scholarship is awarded separately from other scholarships at the Colorado School of Mines. If the admission of any winner is rescinded or delayed for any reason, the scholarship will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate applicant. Those who are alternates will be informed by email. Students interested in financial aid should apply for assistance through the Colorado School of Mines Financial Aid Office.