To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Colorado Resident
- High School Senior
- Graduating from a Colorado High School
- Planning to attend Colorado School of Mines in the Fall of 2024 (Student doesn’t have to have confirmed attendance at application)
The application will consist of a thoughtful, proficiently written essay in response to the given prompt. The essay must be at least 900 words and no longer than 1,200 words.
The application will become available through the scholarship portal once the general scholarship application has been completed. Please email email@example.com with any application portal questions.
Directions to Apply
- Please refer to the program and scholarship opportunity email that the Undergraduate Admissions sent you a few days after your acceptance to Mines. Within this email is a button that directs you to the scholarship application. Please use your Applicant Portal login credentials to access the E-Days scholarship application.
- In the interest of a bias-free judging process, DO NOT INCLUDE your name in the essay. Your application will be disqualified if your name is found in the essay.
- Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
- Creativity and humor
- Fully addressing the prompt
- Demonstrated interest in Mines and STEM
- Problem solving skills and collaboration
- In case of tie, your answers to the general application questions regarding volunteering, work, engagement, and other accomplishments both academic and non academic will be used as tie breaker
Welcome to Mines! You’re starting your education at Mines and you’re looking forward to your first E-Days. Suddenly, disaster strikes: our beloved Blaster the Burro has gone missing! But who would do such a thing, and why? His suspicious disappearance is a source of distress for the whole community. You decide to get to the bottom of this mystery by orchestrating a Mystery Club with motivated people like yourself.
In a creative and humorous short story, describe how you and the Mystery Club unravel the case. What unexplained events occur during your pursuit? How do your skills and your Mines’ education help you overcome setbacks? Who did this to Blaster, and why? How do you rescue Blaster and save the day?
Thank you for your time.
The 2024 E-Days Scholarship Committee
The E-Days Scholarship is awarded separately from other scholarships at the Colorado School of Mines. If the admission of any winner is rescinded or delayed for any reason, the scholarship will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate applicant. Those who are alternates will be informed by email. Students interested in financial aid should apply for assistance through the Colorado School of Mines Financial Aid Office.