CSM350 WILL NOT BE OFFERED DURING SPRING 2022
If you hold or have held a leadership position and strive to develop and expand your skills, then consider registering for this leadership class at Mines.
Special Studies in Leadership & Small Group Dynamics
(found in campus catalog under CSM 350)
The Office of SAIL offers a 3-credit, general elective course for active community leaders to explore their potential and develop a personal approach to the practice of leadership. This isn’t your typical Mines class! This course is based on class discussions and experiential activities. Students are expected to participate in leadership reading, personal reflection, presentations, activities and more. The class is intended to help you understand your current leadership style and capabilities and help develop those skills over the semester through interactive learning.
Class Details: Spring Semester
Instructor: Kelsi Streich, Director of SAIL
- Display a commitment to learning and growth by exposing yourself to new ideas and viewpoints.
- Understand how individual differences influence leadership and distinguish specific leadership behaviors in yourself and others.
- Clarify a set of values and principles and principles concerning the way your treat others and pursue goals.
- Practice specific behaviors of leadership excellence and integrate these behaviors into your life.
- Create an ideal image of what your organization can become and search for innovative ways to improve the organization.
- Demonstrate your ability to collaborate with others, build teams, and help others develop their skills.
- Recognize contributions that individual makes and celebrate accomplishments.
- Design a personal action plan for developing your own leadership traits and behaviors and be able to evaluate your progress.