Social Media Accessibility
If you are using social media to communicate on behalf of Mines or in your role as a Mines employee, be sure to follow the Mines social media guidelines and make your posts as accessible as possible. Many of the techniques for making social media accessible are the same as for web pages, audio, and video.
Below are links to accessibility information from each of the platforms that Mines has official accounts on. Information about social media platforms changes frequently, and it’s a good idea to search the help centers for each platform for the latest accessibility information. If you have questions about social media accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alt text for Facebook images
- Add captions to Facebook videos
- More Facebook accessibility information
- Add captions in YouTube
- Edit captions in YouTube
- Automatically generate captions in YouTube
- Manage YouTube accessibility settings
- Flickr uses the file name or image title as the alt text, so make sure to add a unique and meaningful title for each image.
- Include additional important details about the photo using the “Add description” option.