The Counseling Center provides mental health services to students and is staffed by licensed and experienced professionals skilled in handling a variety of presenting concerns. Services are designed to assist students in resolving issues that interfere with their ability to successfully navigate the Mines journey. Services are confidential, voluntary and covered by student fees. Staff can also provide programming and consultation regarding student concerns for the Mines campus community.
Get to Know the Counseling Center Services
- Enrolled students can request services one of three ways: by phone, through the “Request Appointment” button or in person at the front desk on the 2nd floor of the Wellness Center.
- Your request for an appointment can usually be accommodated within one week.
- Counseling appointments are covered by your student fees, no payment is required at the time of your appointment.
- You will receive an email reminder the day before your scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive a few minutes early for your first appointment and proceed to the 2nd floor of the Wellness Center where you will check in at the self-check-in station.
- At your first appointment, you will meet with a counselor, discuss your current needs and determine next steps and options.
- All communication is held in strict confidence, including the fact that you have an appointment at the Counseling Center.
During this initial meeting, the counselor, in collaboration with the student, will recommend services within the Counseling Center or the community and assist students in obtaining the appropriate care. In order to meet significant student demand and use resources most effectively, the Counseling Center utilizes a stepped-care model.
Contact Us: 303-273-3377
Student Wellness Center
1770 Elm Street 2nd floor
Golden, CO 80401
8:00 am-5:00 pm
Faculty & Staff Support
Colorado State Employees Assistance Program
C-SEAP | 303-866-4314
Grief & Loss
- TAO Self-Help (Pathway: Let Go and Be Well)