Foreign Exchange Graduate Information
International exchange students contribute greatly to the Colorado School of Mines community. Your culture and your work-ethic are great attributes and will serve you well during your time here at Mines.
If you already have a already achieved a bachelor’s degree (in any subject) you must use the online graduate application for admission to apply as an exchange student. You will need to complete the applicant information section and the foreign exchange supplemental (international program student) section to be considered for admission.
Please read the information made available to you through our Office of International Programs.
For your convenience you can download the instructions here: Application instructions for foreign-exchange applicants.
Please ensure that your foreign exchange application is submitted by:
September 1 for Spring admission or March 1 for Fall and Full year admission. The application system will be unavailable between March 2 and April 14.
- Complete the online application including application information and foreign exchange supplemental (international program student)sections.
- Submit the following items directly to our Office of International Programs (address below)
- Resume (This can be uploaded and attached to your application.)
- Two letters of recommendation (You can enter your recommenders into the online application system for electronic submission or have them mail their recommendation to the address above.)
- Official transcripts (one set)
- Verification of English Competency
- International Student Financial Statement (This must include an official bank statement)
- Non-U.S. citizens must show proof of financial resources to cover the first year of studies (minimum $1,200 (US) per person per month)
- If funding for a degree program is provided by a sponsoring agency, please include a letter from that agency indicating the amount of support that will be furnished
- If funding is from a personal source, please send a certified bank statement showing activity in the account for the past six months in U.S. dollars