Foreign Exchange Graduate Information
International exchange students contribute greatly to the Colorado School of Mines community. Your culture and your work-ethic are great attributes and will serve you well during your time here at Mines.
If you already have a already achieved a bachelor’s degree (in any subject) you must use the online graduate application for admission to apply as an exchange student. You will need to complete the applicant information section and the foreign exchange supplemental (international program student) section to be considered for admission.
Please read the information made available to you through our Office of International Programs.
Please ensure that your foreign exchange application is submitted by:
September 1 for Spring admission or March 15 for Fall and Full year admission.
To complete the admissions process:
- Complete the online application including application information and foreign exchange supplemental (international program student)sections.
- Submit the following items directly to our Office of International Programs (address below)
- Please upload a copy of your official transcript, translated in English.
- Or have it sent electronically from the International Office (or the equivalent) of your home university to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Verification of English Competency (TOEFL or IELTS)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores (Colorado School of Mines institution code: 4073): Students whose native language is not English must submit acceptable TOEFL scores as part of the application process.Mines requires a minimum score of 79 internet-based test (iBT) or 550 paper-based test (PBT).Tests must have been taken within the past two years to be accepted. Applications that do not have valid TOEFL scores will not be released to the Department for review. If you have completed a university degree program in the United States or in an English speaking country within the previous two years, you do NOT have to submit TOEFL scores. If the TOEFL test is not offered in your country, we will also accept the IELTS exam or the Pearson Test of English.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5. Pearson minimum score of 53. Please note that TOEIC exam results cannot be used to satisfy this requirement.
- A Copy of your Passport
- A Financial Statement of Support will be needed once accepted. The Financial Statement of Support will be requested by the International Office. You will also receive further instruction by email about obtaining an I-20 from the International Office upon admission, once your intent to enroll is processed.
For more information, please contact: