Census Day is the deadline to:
- Add or drop courses
- Summer Only – Students may not drop their last class on Trailhead (see Summer Withdrawals for more information).
- Change course sections
- Request courses for no credit
- Complete Registration Action Forms
- Withdraw from term completely with 100% refund
- Petition for in-state tuition classification
- Add or drop waitlists from courses
- Authorize College Opportunity Fund
Check the Academic Calendar for census days for upcoming census days
After Census Day, a student may withdraw from a course online in Trailhead. Withdrawals are due by the Last Withdrawal date.
Students who withdraw will receive a “W” on their transcript and will not receive a refund for the course.
To begin a complete withdrawal, start here.
If a student wishes to drop a class and have it removed from his or her schedule, or if a student wishes to register for additional classes after the census day, he or she must complete a Petition for Late Course Add or Withdrawal. This form must be picked up from the Registrar’s office. The Petition for Late Course Add or Withdrawal may only be completed for extenuating circumstances defined as medical or legal only.
Students may complete an Undergraduate/Graduate Summer Only Withdrawal Form to withdraw from all of their summer courses. If a student has multiple summer courses and chooses to withdraw from one of those courses, they may withdraw on Trailhead prior to census.
NOTE Students may not drop their last summer course online through Trailhead. They must complete the Undergraduate/Graduate Summer Only Withdrawal form.