Transfer Credit

Transfer Credit


Please select from the topics below for information about transfer credit.

TRANSFER CREDIT – COVID-19 2020 Colorado School of Mines has traditionally only accepted transfer credit with letter grades of “C” or higher for undergraduate to receive transfer credit. Colorado School of Mines recognizes that some institutions converted courses that would normally be letter grades to some type of P/F (Pass/Fail) for all students in the Spring 2020 and the Summer 2020 terms.  This addendum acknowledges that The Colorado School of Mines will accept P/F transfer credit from the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 terms.  The applicability of coursework will still apply. As stated Colorado School of Mines normally accepts credit for courses of “C” grade or better, this is to help students progress in coursework at the Colorado School of Mines.  If you did not earn a grade of “C” or better for coursework regardless of receiving a “P” grade at another institution you may want to  consider not transferring the course and retaking it at the Colorado School of Mines.

Transfer credit policy and procedures expressed on the transfer credit pages are accurate and the 2023 catalog will be updated to reflect them.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

Registration or student record questions
FAX: 303-384-2253

Residency petition & COF questions

Transfer credit questions

Military and VA Benefit related questions

Graduation questions