FALL 2020
For the fall 2020 term Colorado School of Mines will deliver courses in a variety of formats to accommodate social distancing in classrooms.  Please review the Course Types page and Remote and Online Instruction page. To find what course type is being offered for your course, please navigate to either your Student Detail Schedule in Trailhead or the Class Schedule in Trailhead. Courses can also be viewed accessing the Class Schedule on the Registrar A-Z page.

Did you know that summer courses are available for you to register?  Be sure to check out all of our summer offerings in Trailhead.  You can register up to the start of each session.

  Summer Term 2020    Start Date & End Date   Last Day to Add/Drop   Last Withdrawal
  Full Term 14 Weeks   05/11/2020 – 08/13/2020   5/21/2020   7/27/2020
  First 6 Weeks (Summer I)   05/11/2020 – 06/19/2020   5/21/2020   6/5/2020
  Second 6 Weeks (Summer II)   06/22/2020 – 07/31/2020   6/26/2020   7/17/2020
  Last 8 Weeks (Summer II)   06/22/2020 – 08/13/2020   6/29/2020   7/31/2020

♦   Undergraduates – if you are required to obtain a PIN through the advising process, you should check with your major department or CASA about how they plan to finish the advisement process and distribute PINs.
Note: Graduate students do not need a PIN to register.

♦   Registration action forms (also known as blue slips/forms) are now available on Trailhead. From Trailhead click on the student link on the left side of the landing page. Under the Student Services portlet select “Registration Action Form.” Complete the required course information, select the override(s) you are wanting and then submit the form. It will automatically be sent to the appropriate department and if approved, will enter the override requested. Once the override is created you will receive email confirmation and will be able to then register for the class.

♦   All other Registrar forms can be found here:

♦   The Registrar Office will accept all forms electronically. Please send forms to the instructor or advisor for approval, only if needed, and to any other departments, if applicable. The approver (faculty or department) will need to simply email completed form to Forms with approval must be sent from a Mines email account and we are working on getting them converted to e-forms as fast as we can.

♦   NEW – Did you see the new Chat function on the Registrar’s website? Students may now use Chat to ask general questions between regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. For specific questions, please email the Registrar’s Office at using your Mines email.

♦   Please reference your registration email that was sent on Friday, March 6, for your specific day/time or you may view this information in Trailhead > Self-Service > Student tab > Registration > Registration Status.