Incoming First-Year Students
Spring schedules are now available. What you may see currently in Self Service could change as we continue to receive AP/IB/Transfer transcripts and make changes to the fall schedule of classes.
Incoming Transfer Students
You can view your current schedule in Self Service. If you do not have a schedule listed, you can now add classes in Self Service. Please contact your CASA advisor to consult on any changes you would like to make to your schedule.
Spring 2021 Registration is now open
Important things to know:
- You will be expected to participate in the courses that you are registered for in the format they are being offered at time of registration. If it is a face-to-face course, you will be expected to participate in-person for the whole semester, barring any extenuating circumstances. When you register for an in-person course and are not a remote student, you will be expected to participate and engage in the course as articulated in the syllabus and other communications by your faculty member.
- If you intend to be completely remote for the duration of the semester, there are several courses offering separate remote sections to help students who need to be remote.
- If a remote section is not available, you may register for an in-person section and you will be accommodated as long as it is not a course that cannot be completed remotely.
- You will find a list of courses that cannot be completed with remote participation here. Please contact your advisors to plan alternatives if you intended to register for any of these courses remotely.
- Regardless of delivery mode, all students will be accommodated as needed in case they need to quarantine/isolate and for other faculty approved extenuating circumstances during the semester.
- For a list of courses that require in-person participation and cannot be completed remotely: In-Person Classes
- For a definition of course types and delivery mode: Remote and Online Instruction
- To find what course type is being offered for your course, please navigate to either your Student Detail Schedule in Trailhead or the Class Schedule in Trailhead (examples below). Courses can also be viewed accessing the Class Schedule on the Registrar A-Z page.
♦ Undergraduates – if you are required to obtain a PIN through the advising process, you should check with your major department or CASA about how they plan to finish the advisement process and distribute PINs. Note: Graduate students do not need a PIN to register.
♦ Registration action forms (also known as blue slips/forms) are now available on Trailhead. From Trailhead click on the student link on the left side of the landing page. Under the Student Services portlet select “Registration Action Form.” Complete the required course information, select the override(s) you are wanting and then submit the form. It will automatically be sent to the appropriate department and if approved, will enter the override requested. Once the override is created you will receive email confirmation and will be able to then register for the class.
♦ All other Registrar forms can be found here: mines.edu/registrar/forms/
♦ The Registrar Office will accept all forms electronically. Please send forms to the instructor or advisor for approval, only if needed, and to any other departments, if applicable. The approver (faculty or department) will need to simply email completed form to email@example.com. Forms with approval must be sent from a Mines email account and we are working on getting them converted to e-forms as fast as we can.
♦ NEW – Did you see the new Chat function on the Registrar’s website? Students may now use Chat to ask general questions between regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. For specific questions, please email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org using your Mines email.
♦ Please reference your registration email for your specific day/time or you may view this information in Trailhead > Self-Service > Student tab > Registration > Registration Status.