College Opportunity Fund
For general information regarding the College Opportunity Fund, and frequently asked questions, please see the following link: COF Frequently Asked Questions. Only undergraduate-level students are eligible to receive COF stipend benefits.
Receiving the COF at Colorado School of Mines is a two-step process. First, a student must apply for the COF through the College Assist Website: https://cof.college-assist.org. For any questions regarding the application process, please see the COF FAQ link above. Once the application has been submitted, the student must authorize Mines to apply the COF stipend to his or her student account. Before the Census day for a semester, the authorization can be submitted online through Trailhead. To authorize the COF on Trailhead, follow these steps:
- Log in to Trailhead.
- Select the “Self Service” link from the main Trailhead page.
- Select the “Student” option.
- Select “Student Records.”
- On this page, select “COF Stipend Authorization.”
- Choose the “Lifetime Authorization” option. This will authorize Mines to apply the COF to your account each semester that you are eligible to receive the stipend.
- Click on “Submit” to save changes.
Once the Census date for a semester has passed, the COF must be authorized directly through the Registrar’s Office. To complete this process, a student must come to the office in person and sign a form saying that he or she authorizes Mines to apply COF funds to his or her student account. Students are strongly recommended to complete the authorization online before the census date to avoid having to complete this process.
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm
Transfer Credit (For Undergrad Students)
Follow us on Twitter