Priority registration for the summer and fall semesters begins late March or early April.
Priority registration for the spring semester begins in November.
Registration times during the week of priority registration are assigned by a student’s class level and last name. For registration purposes, a student’s class level is determined by the number of credit hours he or she has completed. Summer course hours that are in progress are not counted towards this class level. Fall registration times will be based on prior coursework and spring registration only. Summer registration is available to all students on the first day of priority registration regardless of class level. During the week of priority registration for the spring and fall semesters, students are able to register as follows:
- Monday = Graduate students, Senior-level students who are graduating in the next semester.
- Tuesday = Senior-level students without an application to graduate on file, or who are not yet registering for their final semester.
- Wednesday = Junior-level students.
- Thursday = Sophomore-level students.
- Friday = Freshman-level students.
For more information on class level, please see the Class Standing page.
Non-degree students and new incoming freshman students will not be permitted to register during priority registration. For Non-Degree registration information, please see the Undergraduate Admissions site. For new freshman registration information, please see the New Student Schedules page.
To register for a class, follow these steps:
- Log on to Trailhead.
- Select the Self Service button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Student tab.
- Choose the Registration link. You are now in the registration menu where you can look up classes, check your registration status, or review your schedule.
- Select the Add/Drop link. Select the term. (The system may ask you for your alternate PIN, which is provided by your advisor.)
- Enter the CRN (course registration number) for each course you wish to register.
- If you receive an error (e.g., Link error, Prereq, and Test Score, etc.), please visit the Registration Error Messages page for more information.
- Review your schedule and check it regularly.
If you are having trouble registering for a class, please come to the Registrar’s Office for assistance.
Student Center, Suite E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm
Follow us on Twitter