Banner 9 (SSB9) Registration
SSB9 Registration is an upgrade to our existing registration system. It offers more features designed to help make the registration process more seamless for students. Everything from searching for courses to planning your schedule, can be done through SSB9 Registration. The slides below provide more detail on the new upgraded system.
How can I find my registration status, holds, grades, and my degree audit?
Below is a guide to help you navigate all of this inforamtion and more…
How do I register for classes?
- Going back to the ‘Student New’ drop down in Trailhead you will select ‘Registration’. This will direct you to a registration menu with several options. Each option has a brief description below to help you know what they are and it is also where you can locate ‘Register for Classes’.
Where can I find my personal information?
- Just above the ‘Student New’ drop down you will find ‘General Self-Service’. This is will take you to ‘My Profile’ page.
- Once inside ‘My Profile’, click on ‘Personal Information’. You can view and edit personal details, email, phone number, address, and your emergency contact.
- Note: some information is not updatable and can only be done by contacting the Registrar’s Office. Documentation may be required to update certain information. You can contact them for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- For questions about your student information, registration issues, class schedule, grades, or navigating SSB9 contact the Registrar’s Office by email (email@example.com) or phone (303-273-3200).
- Technical issues with logging into SSB9 contact ITS (303-384-2345) or submit a Helpdesk ticket, https://helpcenter.mines.edu/.
What is ‘Student Self-Services’?
- This is the entry page to navigate your student record. You will be able to view your grades and other student information.
- ‘Student Profile’ will show the classes you are registered for.
- ‘Financial Aid’ is where you will find your personal award information.
Can I still register the old way?
- The former registration links will remain active and are in their same location for the next several months and you can use them to register for summer and fall 2021 classes.
Why are we upgrading to SSB9?
- The upgrade has a new user interface (UI) that is modernized and offers more features such as submitting grades, attendance tracking, and viewing your class roster/s.
How do I get to the new UI?
- When you log into Trailhead click on ‘Faculty’ on the left-hand side.
- Select ‘Faculty Self-Service’ to get into the new UI.
Can I still enter grades the old way?
- Grades can be submitted by selecting ‘Faculty Grade Entry’. However, the ‘Grade Change’ link to update a grade or change an incomplete will remain the same.