Meet the Vice President and the Student Life Team
Daniel P. Fox, Vice President of Student Life
- BS, Montana State University, Biological Sciences, biochemistry emphasis
- K-12 Teaching Certification
- MA, Eastern New Mexico University, Communications
- PhD, University of Northern Colorado, College Student Personnel Administration
Started at Mines in July 2005
Welcome to Student Life at Colorado School of Mines! You are part of an exceptional student body, all of whom share the challenging and rewarding goal of becoming a Mines graduate. The Division of Student Life is here to support you in the pursuit of that goal. Through innovative programs and outstanding services, we work to enhance academic learning and help you achieve success. Mines is a place where we continually strive for excellence in everything we do. As part of the Mines family, you must dare to be the best you can be, and as you give your best, the Student Life staff is committed to doing the same.
Mines is an international community of scholars. Your opportunities to learn and interact with faculty and fellow students go far beyond the classroom. Outside of their teaching, research and public service activities, Mines faculty and staff are highly accessible to students. Their collective wisdom and experience is a valuable resource and one that we encourage you to explore.
I encourage you to take full advantage of everything that Student Life has to offer. To offset the rigors of your studies, you can participate in one of the many professional, special interest, athletic, intramural and recreational sports opportunities at Mines. By living on campus, exploring new interests, building relationships, accepting greater responsibilities, and discovering who you are – you are preparing yourself to take on the challenges ahead. This is where you can develop your leadership qualities and further refine your interpersonal skills and talents. It’s also where you can release stress and just have fun!.
If you have any problems, concerns, or suggestions, there are many people willing to both listen and help. If there is anything we can do to assist you please just let us know. Good luck on your journey at Mines!
All the best,
Daniel P. Fox, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Life
Rebecca Flintoft, Associate Vice President of Student Life
- BA, Kalamazoo College, Chemistry and Music minor
- MA, Bowling Green State University, College Student Personnel
- Certified Auxiliary Services Professional (CASP), 2013-2021
Started working at Mines in 2007
Greg Bohlen, Chief of Police/Director of Public Safety
- Colorado Law Enforcement Training Academy
- AGS, AAS, Arapahoe Community College, Criminal Justice
- BA, Columbia College, Criminal Justice
- MCJ, University of Colorado, Criminal Justice Administration
- FBI National Academy
- FBI – LEEDA Southwest Command College
- Training & Instructor in multiple law enforcement disciplines
Started at Mines August 2011
Lia Franklin, Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student Life
- BB, Western Illinois University, Business Marketing
- MS, Western Illinois University, College Student Personnel
- ABD, PhD University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Leadership, Research and Policy anticipated May 2018,
Started working at Mines in 2014
David Hansburg, Director of Athletics
- BA, Amherst College, History
- MA, Northwestern University, Higher Education Administration and Social Policy
Started working at Mines in 2013.
Derek E. Morgan, Dean of Students
- BS, University of Evansville, Communications
- MS, Colorado State University, Student Affairs in Higher Education
- PhD, Colorado State University, Educational Leadership
Working at Mines since May 2003.
Colin A. Terry, Associate Dean of Students, Title IX Coordinator for Students
- BA, Gonzaga University, Political Science
- MA, New York University, Educational Leadership
- PhD, Michigan State University, Educational Psychology and Educational Technology (Anticipated Graduation: May 2018)
Working at Mines since January 2010.