Ore Cart Shuttle Service
Free transit service connecting Mines, Golden and beyond
About the Ore Cart
The Ore Cart is a free transit shuttle connecting the Colorado School of Mines campus, downtown Golden and beyond. Operated as a partnership between Mines, the City of Golden and West Line Corridor Collaborative, the Ore Cart is free for all riders, ADA accessible and designed to complement and expand access to existing transit options in the Golden area, including the RTD 16 bus and W and G train lines.
The Ore Cart currently operates four routes – Silver, Tungsten, Gold and Iron – all named for metals historically mined in the state of Colorado. For more information about the Gold and Iron lines, check out the Guiding Golden website.
(303) 384-CART (2278)
Marv Kay Stadium Stop On Mines Football Game Days
Calling all Mines Football fans: The Ore Cart – the free shuttle service operated by Mines and the City of Golden – is adding a stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium on home game days! All three fixed lines – Silver, Gold and Tungsten – will stop on 12th Street in front of the stadium before and after the game.
View Home Game Stop Details
The Orediggers play at home Sept. 16, Sept. 30, Oct. 14, Oct. 28 and Nov. 4. Kickoff is at 12 p.m.
Ore Cart Service Changes on Mines Football Game Days
Before the game (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- Gold Route (downtown circulator) will add a stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium (12th Street) for fans headed to the game.
- Silver Route (Mines campus) will run clockwise starting at 10 a.m., adding stops at Marv Kay Stadium and the Y/H Lot on Elm Street for overflow ADA parking. No stop at K Lot (designated tailgate location).
- Tungsten Route (W Line) will add a stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium.
Fourth quarter/After 2 p.m.
- Gold Route (downtown circulator) will stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium for fans leaving the game and heading downtown.
- Silver Route (Mines campus) will resume its normal route direction (counterclockwise). Buses will stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium and Y/H Lot before continuing to Mines Park. No service to K Lot due to tailgate.
- Tungsten Route (W Line) will stop in front of Marv Kay Stadium for fans leaving the game and heading to the light rail station/downtown.
Ore Cart Routes & Service Hours
Connects Mines Park apartment complex to central Mines campus, running down 19th Street to Elm Street and West Campus Drive to Maple Street and the Clear Creek Athletic Complex, 11th Street to Illinois Street.
7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday
Connects Mines campus and downtown Golden to the RTD W Line’s Jeffco Government Center Station, traveling Illinois Street to 11th Street, Jackson Street and South Golden Road to Johnson Road, Jefferson County Parkway to U.S. 6, 19th Street.
6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday
RTD Transit Passes
All Mines students and employees are eligible for a free RTD College Pass (students) or EcoPass (employees). Both passes provide unlimited usage of RTD services, including unlimited rides on RTD buses and trains and unlimited rides to and from Denver International Airport. Whether you need to get to work (or class), run an errand or travel to the airport, it’s all the same when you’ve got an RTD EcoPass/College Pass.
How to get your free RTD pass
Faculty and staff (full and part-time)
Email the Parking Services office at email@example.com to request an EcoPass. You will then receive an email from RTD with instructions to obtain the pass through the RTD mobile phone app. RTD is transitioning all passes from a physical card to a bar code in their mobile app.
At the start of the Fall 2023 semester, you will receive an e-mail from RTD with instructions how to acquire your College Pass through the RTD mobile app. RTD is transitioning all passes from a physical card to a bar code in their mobile app. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.