Current Residents

COMING SOON: Returning Upper-class Housing Applications & Lotteries

Housing for upper-class students in Maple Hall and Mines Park Apartments is very limited. Returning students will need to submit a completed housing application including a $50 application fee to be entered in thethe housing lotteries for Maple Hall’s sophomore community and the Apartments at Mines Park. Applications will be available through the Housing Portal on Trailhead (Campus Life Tab > Housing & Residence Life > Residence Life Housing Portal link) during the designated application dates listed above. An application does not guarantee housing.

Housing Options for 2019-2020

Time to get rolling on housing options for 2019-2020

Now is the time for returning students to start researching housing options for the next academic year! Learn more about your housing options for on and off campus in our Where to Live Next Year Presentation or refer to our list of off-campus housing resources.

Laundry View: Is a Washer free?

Click on your Residence Hall or Community Center for washer/dryer availability

Television Services (Philo Edu & HBOGO)

Choose a streaming service



  1. Go to or
  2. Please select “sign in” from the top right corner on both sites
  3. Scroll down until you find Colorado School of Mines in the drop down menu
  4. Select Colorado School of Mines from the drop down menu
  5. Please use approved credentials to log into the site. (Note: While you will always use your Mines creds to log into the site, the first time you log in you will be asked to register an HBO GO or MAX GO account.)

*Please note, for HBO GO, connected TV devices such as Roku, AppleTV, PS3/4, XBOXOne & XBOX 360 must be connected to the on campus internet

*MAX GO is only available on computers, iPhones, iPads, and Android mobile devices

Colorado School of Mines and the Department of Residence Life are pleased to offer Philo Edu to all of our residents in the residence halls, Mines Park, and institutionally owned Greek Housing. Philo Edu allows you to watch live television on your own terms – on laptops and other devices anywhere on campus. With a stellar channel lineup, the ability to pause and rewind live TV, and 20 hours of your own DVR space, Philo Edu gives you the flexibility and control you need to stay up-to-date on sports, current events, and the shows that matter to you most.

How do I start watching Philo Edu IPTV?

Before watching Philo Edu IPTV on any device:

  1. Go to and click “log in”
  2. Enter your Mines Multipass Account and password
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions for creating your Philo Edu Account

To watch Philo Edu on a laptop or desktop computer (see Supported Devices):

  1. Go to and click “log in”
  2. Enter your Mines Multipass Account and password
  3. Start watching live TV or record some for later

To watch Philo Edu on an Apple iOS device (see Supported Devices):

  1. Download the Philo Edu app from the App Store
  2. Enter your Mines Multipass Account and password
  3. Start watching live TV or record some for later

To watch Philo Edu on an Android device (see Supported Devices):

  1. Download the Philo Edu app from Google Play
  2. Enter your Mines Multipass Account and password
  3. Start watching live TV or record some for later

To watch Philo Edu on a TV you will need a Roku or Roku TV, an Apple TV, or a laptop (with HDMI out) connected by HDMI cable to a TV (see Supported Devices).

To watch using a Roku:

  1. Connect your Roku to your TV via an HDMI cable (student will need to provide their own TV and HDMI cable).
  2. Connect your Roku’s power cord to an outlet.
  3. Follow the Philo-on-Roku setup instructions found here.
  4. Select the Philo Edu channel to watch TV on your Roku.

To watch using an Apple TV via AirPlay:

  1. Connect your Apple TV to your TV via an HDMI cable.
  2. Connect your Apple TV’s power cord to an outlet.
  3. Use AirPlay to stream Philo Edu from your iOS device.

NOTE: Philo Edu can only be viewed on one device at a time

Supported Devices

See what devices are supported here.

See what browsers are supported here.

NOTES: All Roku and Apple TV devices are strongly encouraged to be wired instead of using the wireless network.


Having trouble with Philo Edu? Visit to submit a support request to Philo.

Having trouble connecting to Mines Network or setting up your device? Contact CCIT Help Desk or

Need something? Borrow or rent it!

We have the following items available for checkout in the Residence Halls: small tools, vacuum cleaners, dust pans, brooms, buckets, mops, cleaning supplies, ironing boards and irons, cooking utensils, athletic equipment, stamps, magazines and board games.

If you see a need for something we do not have, please see your Resident Assistant (RA) or Community Assistant at Mines Park.

Other places to borrow and rent items on and around campus: 

Contact Us

Residence Life
Phone: (303) 869-LIFE(5433)
Toll Free: (800) 446-9488 x5433
Fax: (303) 384-2261
Location: Campus Living Office (Elm Hall)

Office Hours

Campus Living Office: Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm

Mines Park Apartments Housing Office: Monday-Friday, 8 am – 7 pm  and Saturday-Sunday, 10 am – 2 pm

Residence Halls Desk Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 am – 8 pm  and Saturday-Sunday, 11 am – 4 pm and 6 – 8 pm


Maintenance Request

For immediate assistance from 8AM to 5PM,
please call Facilities Management at:
(303) 273 – 3330

For after hour emergencies, including weekends,
please call Public Safety at:
(303) 273 – 3333

For network issues (wired/wireless),
please contact CCIT Networking at:
(303) 273 – 3431

Mines Help Center