Core Supplemental Instruction (CSI)
CSI is undergoing a few changes this semester. Review sessions will only be held before exams and throughout key moments in the semester. Check the schedule below for review session dates and peer facilitator office hours
Extra Teaching and Assistance Outside the Classroom
Core Supplemental Instruction (CSI) Reviews Sessions are led by a proven student facilitator with guidance from respective faculty before exams and during key times of the semester. Additionally, facilitators are available during Office Hours for additional one-on-one help.
Who should attend? Any student…
- enrolled in respective CSI course(s)
- looking to increase their understanding of the course material
- seeking to improve their grades: some past attendees self-reported GPAs of 3.5 or higher!
Why should you attend?
- A fresh set of practice problems, created and refined by each facilitator and faculty lead
- Learning from peers
- Opportunity to ask questions from a proven student leader both during the review session and during their office hours
What’s the Difference Between Tutoring and CSI?
CSI Review Sessions focus solely on core curriculum courses. Accordingly, students who attend sessions and office hours greatly increase their exposure with biology, calculus, chemistry and physics. While in attendance, students work through all new problems and revisit material from class.
Our tutoring services assist with a wider array of course work. Further, students are asked to bring their own problems, questions, or queries to the tutors.
Some students prefer one service over another, some utilize both. No matter the preference, give each a try to see what works best for you!