Core Supplemental Instruction (CSI)
Spring CSI shedule
Friday: PHYS I 2-3pm BBW250
- Office Hours: MW 9-11am in CASA Study Hall
Sunday: PHYS II 3-4pm CTLM B60
- Office Hours: Mon 12-1 & 7-9 in CT223 (Physics Studio Room); Wed 3-4 in CK286
Sunday: CHEM II 4-5pm Boettcher Room (Library)
- Office Hours: Mon 3-4pm & Tues 10am-1pm in CASA Study Hall
Friday: CALC II 2-3pm BE 206
- Office Hours: Mon 4-6pm & Fri 12-2 in CASA Study Hall
Extra Teaching and Assistance Outside the Classroom
Core Supplemental Instruction (CSI) runs concurrent to a respective first-year course. One-hour, evening sessions are led by a proven student facilitator with guidance from respective faculty. Additionally, facilitators are available for 4 hours per week during their Office Hours and produce quick instructional videos. We offer a wider array of subjects, no matter where you are in the Mines curriculum!
Who should attend? Any student…
- enrolled in respective CSI course(s)
- looking to increase their understanding of the course material
- seeking to improve their grades: some past attendees self-reported GPAs of 3.5 or higher!
Why should you attend?
- A fresh set of practice problems, created and refined by each facilitator and faculty lead
- No risk: worksheets are not graded
- Test review sessions are offered on exam weeks
- Opportunity to ask questions from a proven student leader both during the evening session and during their office hours
What’s the Difference Between Tutoring and CSI?
CSI offerings focus solely on first-year curriculum courses. Accordingly, students who attend sessions and office hours greatly increase their exposure with biology, calculus, chemistry and physics. While in attendance, students work through all new problems and revisit material from class.
Our tutoring services assist with a wider array of course work. Further, students are asked to bring their own problems, questions, or queries to the tutors.
Some students prefer one service over another, some utilize both. No matter the preference, give each a try to see what works best for you!