How Can My Advisor Help?
Your advisor can help with the following…
- planning upcoming semester’s courseload,
- deciding a new major, minor, or Area of Special Interest,
- assistance with transfer credit,
- assistance with AP/IB credit,
- individual assistance with coursework,
- and much more…
But I'm Already Declared?
Students entering the university HAVE NOT declared a major. Any major noted within your Trailhead Account is merely an interest. Students are encouraged to explore each of the disciplines at Mines.
This interest is helpful in properly planning your projected academic path.
Students will complete a Declaration of Major Form with their academic advisor. Most students will complete this declaration half-way through their sophomore year. Your advisor will assist with this process. Students with many advanced credits or transfer credits may petition to declare early.
How Do I Connect with My Advisor?
How Do I Change My Classes in Trailhead?
How Do I Receive My PIN to Register?
Find your advisor
Amy Argyris Dupont | Students with last names A - C
- BS Psychology – University of Iowa
- MA Higher Education, Concentration in College Student Development – University of Denver
- Advises students with last name: A-C
- Coordination of Faculty in CASA
- CASA Assistant Director
I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago and am a pretty loyal expat. I love living in Denver, visiting all of the different neighborhoods, exploring restaurants, and riding my bike around town. I realized I wanted to work in higher education while serving as a peer advisor my senior year at the University of Iowa. I am excited to be at Mines doing what I love- working with students and providing academic support. I look forward to hearing about your goals and being here to encourage you as you work toward achieving those goals. My personal interests include cooking, reading, spending time with friends and family, and traveling. I hope to meet you soon!
Kyle Castro | Students with last names D-L
- BA Mexican American Studies, University of Northern Colorado
- MA Higher Education and Student Affairs Leadership, University of Northern Colorado
- Advises students with last name: D-L
- Peer Advising program development and oversight, CSM151: Applied Spatial Visualization
I am a Colorado native raised in a family full of love, righteousness and amazing food! My passion for helping students succeed is built on the pursuit of my education and how that helped me transform and widen my perspective of the world around me. As a first-generation student, my path to this moment has come with a fair amount of difficulty and from that difficulty came growth and a fresh sense of purpose- something I hope to share with the students I serve. I love getting to know people, spending time with my family and friends, hiking, reading, learning, music, art, sports and everything in between.
With that said, I’m proud to be a part of the Mines community!
Lisa Anderson | Students with last names M-R
- BS, Petroleum Engineering – Colorado School of Mines
- MA, Leadership, Concentration in Student Affairs in Higher Education – University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Advises students with last name: M-R
- Coordination of Bounce Back and supervision of Bounce Back Peer Coaches
I am a Colorado native and a Mines alumna. I love being back here at Mines helping students through this amazing institution. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, food, naps, craft projects, reading, funny videos, travel and exploring whatever I find interesting. I encourage you to ask questions and explore what your heart pulls you to while you are here. Push beyond your comfort zone a little and try something new. You never know what you may find. I also keep snacks in my office in the cupcake cookie jar on my desk (and candy in my candy dish), so stop in if you need a quick snack!
Jen Drumm | Students with last names S-Z (Interim)
- Advises students with last name: S-Z
- Coordination of CASA academic support services including CASA Tutoring and Core Supplemental Instruction. Coordination of innovative and specialized academic programming.
Contact your CASA Advisor or the GENERAL CASA inbox