The Faculty in CASA program was recently recognized by the National Academic Advising Association as an Outstanding Institutional Advising Program. CASA is honored to be recognized for the time, dedication and commitment faculty invest in supporting the needs of Mines students through this invaluable program.
Prof. Vibhuti Dave, Computer Science & Electrical ENgineering
Prof. Renee Falconer, Chemistry
Hi all! My name is Dr. Renee Falconer but my students usually call me Dr. F. I’m in my 7th year at Mines but have been teaching general and environmental chemistry for way longer than I am willing to admit! I love talking with students about chemistry, science, books, travel, family, and life in general. I’m originally from PA but have lived in a number of places and traveled to even more. I hope you will come see me in CASA so we can study, learn and explore your future together. Just remember – life is the ultimate journey, enjoy it to the fullest!
Prof. Andres Guerra, Civil & environmental Engineering
Prof. Vince Kuo, Physics
Prof. Ashlyn Munson, Applied Math & Statistics
Prof. Angie Sower, Chemistry
I am on the teaching faculty in the Chemistry Department, here at Mines, and am excited to be working at CASA this academic year! I look forward to working with General Chemistry students on both content and learning strategies, that will not only be applicable in a chemistry setting, but also throughout students’ education. My background is in Biochemistry and I have been teaching at the college level for about 20 years in a variety of academic settings. Colorado School of Mines provides a very special and unique teaching and learning atmosphere and I feel privileged to be a part of this community. When not at Mines, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, eating chocolate, and spending time outdoors! Hope to see you at CASA!
Prof. Allyce Horan, Writing Center
Faculty in CASA Alumni
- Terry Bridgman, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics
- Kristine Callan, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Physics
- Allison Caster, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Holly Eklund, MA, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics
- Courtney Holles, MA, Teaching Associate Professor, LAIS
- Scott Houser, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Economics & Business
- Justin Latici, MA, AdjunctTeaching Professor, LAIS & Writing Center
- Todd Ruskell, PhD, Associate Department Head, Physics
- Scott Strong, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics
- Bethany Wilcox, PhD, Teaching Professor, Physics