We believe faculty and staff should work collaboratively to assist our students. The Faculty in CASA program breaks down traditional and structural barriers with faculty and students inhabitating a mutually shared commons.Each semester, four professors host the entirety of their required faculty hours within the CASA office. While in the office, faculty may assist their students, provide guidance and support and even tutoring. In addition, faculty may program impromptu study sessions with pizza provided!
The Faculty in CASA program was recently recognized by the National Academic Advising Association as an Outstanding Institutional Advising Program. CASA is honored to be recognized for the time, dedication and commitment faculty invest in supporting the needs of Mines students through this invaluable program.
New faculty will be joining us in Fall 2017, stay tuned for their bios …
Prof. Allison Caster, Chemistry
Prof. Rene Falconer, Chemistry
Prof. Ashlyn Munson, Applied Math
Prof. Bethany Wilcox, Physics
Pr. Agata Dean, CSM 151
Agata Dean is a graduate of Colorado School of Mines. She holds a bachelor of science degree in engineering with a mechanical specialty (2004) and a master of science degree in mathematics (2006).
Agata taught calculus through the Applied Mathematics and Statistics Department for 10 years and then developed the Applied Spatial Visualization course before transitioning to CASA to focus on teaching CSM 151. Agata is also the faculty advisor for the Society of Women Engineers collegiate section at Colorado School of Mines and a co-advisor for Mines Catholic Campus Ministries.
Pr. Allyce Horan, Writing Center
I received my Master’s Degree in History from Florida State University in 2013 and promptly moved to beautiful Colorado! I’ve been a Writing Consultant at the Writing Center for two years, and I am also an Adjunct Teaching Professor for Nature and Human Values. I enjoy writing and hope I can impart some of my enthusiasm to you with each appointment. I understand writing is a process which may seem scary at first, but I believeit can lead to several fulfilling aspects both personally and professionally. Please feel free to stop by at any point in your writing process, whether it is brainstorming, outlining, or a rough draft! I have a passion for language which I am happy to share with you.
Fall 2017 Faculty Hours
Faculty in CASA Alumni
- Terry Bridgman, MA, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics
- Kristine Callan, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Physics
- Holly Eklund, MA, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics
- Renee Falconer, PhD, Teaching Professor, Chemistry
- Andres Guerra, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Courtney Holles, MA, Teaching Associate Professor, LAIS
- Scott Houser, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Economics & Business
- Vince Kuo, PhD, Teaching Professor, Physics
- Justin Latici, MA, AdjunctTeaching Professor, LAIS & Writing Center
- Todd Ruskell, PhD, Associate Department Head, Physics
- Angie Sower, PhD, Teaching Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Scott Strong, Teaching Associate Professor, Applied Math and Statistics