Implementation Plans & Reports
All major units are expected to craft a DI&A implementation plan and annual report. Check the list to determine if your unit should submit a plan. As you start working on your Implementation Plan, please note that everything does not have to be solved immediately—the biggest opportunities should be tackled first.
Each unit should develop an implementation plan that meets the unique needs of their student, faculty and staff community. Units must decide priorities for themselves, within the context or guidance of Mines Strategic Plan for DI&A. You can also check the list of DI&A Council members to find out if anyone from your unit has served on the council; they could be an integral part of your DI&A implementation planning team!
- February: DI&A data distributed to units
- May 31: Draft unit report due to DI&A (email email@example.com)
- June 15: Plans returned to units with comments from DI&A
- June 30: Unit report and revised plans due to President Johnson and VPs/supervisors
- September: Mines annual report on DI&A published
The Planning & Reporting Process1
- 0. Review Mines Strategic Plan for DI&A and form a working group with representatives from all members of unit. Ensure diversity of the group; clearly establish expectations for roles and communication.
- a. Review your unit’s previous implementation plan.
- 1. Collect and analyze data; identify areas where you can have significant impact to support DI&A at Mines. Collect ideas from all members of the unit.
- a. Identify where you need more data to make informed decisions, and include the data collection and analysis as part of your year one implementation plan.
- b. In February, each unit receives a report summarizing DI&A-related data in your department.
- 2. Set goals, identify strategies, deliverables and metrics.
- a. Conduct a self-assessment and collect ideas from all members of the unit. We recommend that you include this as one activity in your year one implementation plan: request a survey for your unit.
- b. Identify strategies, programs and activities that align with the areas where your biggest impact can be made (see resources we compiled for ideas).
- c. Complete the implementation plan template OR update your implementation plan from the previous year.
- 3. Have your plan reviewed by the DI&A team.
- 4. Integrate feedback from DI&A, submit plan to your dean or VP for review. Submit final plans to President Johnson. (See due dates.)
- 5. Implement the plan and track progress using your proposed metrics.
- a. Be sure to share your plan, your progress, and your successes!
- 6. Complete an annual progress report. Revisit and update the implementation plan. (See due dates above).
1 Adapted from UC Berkeley
CAMPUS IMPLEMEMTATION PLANS BY DEPTS and UNITS
Review Implementation Plans from other departments and campus units. This presents an opportunity for your department/campus unit to identify similar goals and foster collaboration. These are working documents. Departments and campus units are encouraged to update their plans as progress is made. Must have a Mines email address to access this repository.