Ready To Transfer To Mines?

You are an incoming transfer student if you have graduated from high school and enrolled in college or university coursework after completing high school.

These thirty minute advisement sessions are available on Tuesday through Friday at 10:00am and 2:00pm and typically involve a transfer credit evaluation, general academic advising and admissions requirements. If you are unable to make these days/times, you can schedule an advisement by emailing

Making the decision to transfer to another institution is a difficult one that involves a lot of factors – often times the desire to hone in on specific academic and professional interests, sometimes financial, sometimes because of other life circumstances. Regardless of the reason, we welcome transfer students with open arms and appreciate the perspectives and experiences they bring to our community and classrooms.

Each academic year we welcome about 300 new transfer Orediggers that exude intellectual curiosity, academic promise, and a diverse range of interests and backgrounds.

Sound like you? Let’s begin!

Transfer Admissions Application

The Fall 2020 Admissions Application is Open. The Spring 2020 Admissions Application is now closed.

Preferred Criteria

  • Completion of Calculus I, II and III
  • Completion of Chemistry I and II (with labs), dependent on major
  • Completion of Calculus-based Physics I and II (with labs), dependent on major
  • GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0)
Minimum Criteria

  • Completion of trigonometry and enrollment in Calculus I or higher
  • Enrolled in and/or completion of Chemistry with lab and/or Physics I with lab
  • Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (out of 4.0)

Please Note:

  • Credits earned more than 10 years in advance of admission will not transfer.

  • $45 non-refundable application processing fee
  • Official transcript(s) from all colleges attended
  • Final, official high school transcript or copy of GED – applicants pursuing a second Bachelor’s degree are exempt from providing high school transcripts.

We operate on a rolling admissions basis, so we will review applications until our incoming class is full. However, please pay close attention to the following deadlines:

Spring Admission Deadlines
October 15: Priority deadline for spring transfer applications
November 15: Spring enrollment confirmation deadline

Fall Admission Deadlines
March 1: Priority deadline for financial aid
July 1: Priority deadline for fall transfer applications
August 1: Fall enrollment confirmation deadline

~ Please note: October 15 is the priority deadline for completed application files (application submitted and an unofficial transcript on file).

Want to learn more about being an Oredigger?

Community College credits and transfer agreements

Colorado School of Mines is a signatory to the Colorado Statewide Engineering Articulation Agreement. Beginning with admissions in 2003-2004, this agreement determines transferability of coursework for engineering students in the State of Colorado.

As a result, Colorado School of Mines has formal agreements with Red Rocks Community College (RRCC), Front Range Community College (FRCC), Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC), Community College of Aurora (CCA), Arapahoe Community College (ACC), and Community College of Denver (CCD). 

Follow this link to find advising guides for students who are taking courses through a community college that we have an articulation agreement with.

For information about our articulated community college transfer agreements and course equivalencies, please refer to the Registrar Office’s Transfer Information page.

Please note that credits earned more than 10 years in advance of admission will not transfer.

All admission decisions are final, with one exception. If you admission to the Colorado School of Mines is denied based on information you provided on your application for admission regarding your criminal history, pending criminal charges, or disciplinary history at another academic institution, you have the right to an appeal. Appeals must be in writing and should be submitted to the Associate Provost for Enrollment management at within 14 days of receipt of the admission decision. Appeals should include all relevant information you would like the Associate Provost to consider. You will be notified of the outcome of your appeal within 14 days of receipt.