Ready to Transfer to Mines?
You are an incoming transfer student if you have graduated from high school and enrolled in college or university coursework after completing high school.
The Fall 2018 Transfer Application is available. The deadline to submit your application has been extended to June 1.
Start your application today! We look forward to learning more about you.
2018 Transfer Application
Making the decision to transfer to another institution is a difficult one that involves a lot of factors – often times the desire to hone in on specific academic and professional interests, sometimes financial, sometimes because of other life circumstances. Regardless of the reason, we welcome transfer students with open arms and appreciate the perspectives and experiences they bring to our community and classrooms.
Each academic year we welcome about 300 new transfer Orediggers that exude intellectual curiosity, academic promise, and a diverse range of interests and backgrounds.
Sound like you? Let’s begin!
- Completion of Calculus I, II and III
- Completion of Chemistry I and II (with labs), dependent on major
- Completion of Calculus-based Physics I and II (with labs), dependent on major
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.0)
- Completion of trigonometry and enrollment in Calculus I or higher
- Enrolled in and/or completion of Chemistry with lab and/or Physics I with lab
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (out of 4.0)
- $45 non-refundable application processing fee
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- Final, official high school transcript or copy of GED – applicants pursuing a second Bachelor’s degree are exempt from providing high school transcripts.
- Credits earned more than 10 years in advance of admission will not transfer.
We operate on a rolling admissions basis, so we will review applications until our incoming class is full. However, please pay close attention to the following deadlines:
Spring Admission Deadlines
October 15: Priority deadline for spring transfer applications
December 1: Spring enrollment confirmation deadline
Fall Admission Deadlines
March 1: Priority deadline for financial aid
April 1: Priority deadline for fall transfer applications
May 1: Fall enrollment confirmation deadline
Want to learn more about being an Oredigger?
Community College credits and transfer agreements
Colorado School of Mines is a signatory to the Colorado Statewide Engineering Articulation Agreement. Beginning with admissions in 2003-2004, this agreement determines transferability of coursework for engineering students in the State of Colorado.
As a result, Colorado School of Mines has formal agreements with Red Rocks Community College (RRCC), Front Range Community College (FRCC), Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC), Community College of Aurora (CCA), Arapahoe Community College (ACC), and Community College of Denver (CCD).
Follow this link to find advising guides for students who are taking courses through a community college that we have an articulation agreement with.
For information about our articulated community college transfer agreements and course equivalencies, please refer to the Registrar Office’s Transfer Information page.
Please note that credits earned more than 10 years in advance of admission will not transfer.